cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support for Evacuees

NorthKat
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is Public Mobile doing anything to support evacuees?

Most other providers are offering additional data for free to evacuees from Yellowknife, Kelowna, and other evacuated communities. I evacuated to Alberta and used all of my data looking at road conditions, news updates, and communication with friends any family. Any support would be appreciated 🙏

11 REPLIES 11

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi everyone,

I have personally reached out to a CS Agent to confirm if Public Mobile will be joining Telus and Koodo for the 50GB Social Impact and at this time nothing will be coming to Public Mobile. I'm sure if something does come to PM, I'm confident someone will post it and we'll get an Oracle to sticky it if they have the ability. 

ThisGuyAce
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you for your reply. Do we talk to a telus agent is that the idea? 

Hi @ThisGuyAce 

glad you are safe

@NorthKat  just reported above saying getting 2GB free after talking to agent.   Please submit a ticket with them a well

Stay Safe!

ThisGuyAce
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was wondering the same thing. Have you had any luck in an answer to this question by chance. I am in the north shuswap anglemont and all powers been down now since this past Saturday. Everybody be safe!

HI @NorthKat 

thanks for reporting back.  Still great gesture from PM

NorthKat

Thanks! I put in a ticket with Public and 2gb was added to my account. Not quite unlimited but I appreciate it all the same.

@ld_in_on1 

great to know.  

according to https://www.telus.com/en/social-impact/relief-efforts#northwest-territories, they said 50GB for Postpaid account. 

Usually mobile providers can act quicker with postpaid accounts than prepaid

ld_in_on1

My daughter is with Telus in Yellowknife  an they gave her unlimited data for (I think she said) 10 days

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@NorthKat 

nothing much from Telus either for Alberta

https://www.telus.com/en/social-impact/relief-efforts#alberta

And so far, the support Telus and Koodo offer are for Postpaid accounts 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @NorthKat 

someone asked that yesterday, too.  Sorry, nothing from PM yet

Please follow the Community and you will find out if there is anything coming

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@NorthKat  I don’t think so no . If they are you would have to check the website with Alberta in the location . 

Need Help? Let's chat.