cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion: Please change the service term from 30 days to 1 month.

BasesLoadedWalk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I really like Public Mobile overall, but one aspect of the service that is somewhat annoying is the fact that service is based on 30 days and not a calendar month. The annoying thing about having service based on 30 days is that the data usage tracking on most phones is based on a calendar month, and with service being 30 days, it throws that usage tracker out of alignment by 1 day when the month has 31 days in it. Every month that does have 31 days in it, I have to go and change the data cycle days in the settings on my phone. Also when it comes to managing the billing of the account, I like to budget my finances monthly, and I like to have recurring charges take place on a regular/same day of the month basis. I do have autopay set up, but I also would like to have my bank account set up in a way that I can pay my credit card automatically for the Public Mobile charge on the same day each month. It would be easier if Public Mobile just changed the billing term to a calendar month instead of having the billing date shift by 5 days each calendar year.

14 REPLIES 14

@BasesLoadedWalk wrote:

@Gunner123 wrote:

@BasesLoadedWalk hi I agree that would be nice but unfortunately we are stuck with these 30 day plans 

We are never "stuck" with anything as consumers. If enough people want this, then the company would adapt to the wants of their customers. Heck, if it's about money, I'll even pay for the extra day worth of service every other month.

True, we are never stuck for options. However, monthly instead of 30 days was first requested 6 years ago. So, while PM may change its "mind", best to assume we're stuck with 30 day plans. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

farmbot
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Internet search  into MVNOs in Canada and US shows 30 days  the standard for prepaid services.

Perhaps because of customer churn or the company's desire for post paid customers.

Probably not going to happen. I don't see the need. The flexibility to leave, change plans, or suspend services at Publicmobile fits nicely over small inconvenience of 30 day cycle. 

☎️✔️ 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

I hear ya, @BasesLoadedWalk 

It would make much more sense for the consumer that plans be MONTHLY as opposed to 30-day cycles.

Heck, even their promotions for a free 30-day cycle credit are commonly referred to as "2nd MONTH free" by Public Mobile, so it seems even their marketing folks prefer calling it "MONTH".   

However do I see that happening anytime soon - not likely.

@BasesLoadedWalk chatr is one of the only monthly prepaid carriers at the moment. if you don't have many rewards, they could be a better fit for you. 

in reality you don't need to set a limit since there are no overages. yes it may be a minor annoyance changing your cycle date every now and then, but it teaches responsibility and eliminates laziness. it takes 30 seconds out of your day. 

that's one of the things like about pm. it teaches us life skills

@gpixel4 wrote:

in reality you don't need to set a limit since there are no overages. yes it may be a minor annoyance changing your cycle date every now and then, but it teaches responsibility and eliminates laziness. it takes 30 seconds out of your day. 

that's one of the things like about pm. it teaches us life skills

@gpixel4 Amen to that, bro 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼