cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden interruption of service

dpsm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello Everyone,

I have been using my public mobile plan for over 2 weeks but unfortunately yesterday the service was interrupted and my phone no longer attaches to the PM network.

- I have tried other carrier's SIMs on my phone (Nexus 6P) and works fine;

- I have tried my PM SIM on other phones and same issue with not attaching to PM's network;

- I tried removing and re-inserting the SIM and rebooting several times and same result

I am with no service which as you can immagine is quite an incoveninence. I'd very much appreciate your support!

Thanks in advance and happy new year!

6 REPLIES 6

dpsm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi @Saray_O

My service has been interrupted once again. It suddenly disconnects from the network and nothing makes it attach back to the network 😞

The last 2 times it worked as soon as you fixed something in your back end system. Is there a permanent reslution to this issue?

Thanks and happy NY

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey @dpsm

I just sent you a private message 😛 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

@mimmo wrote:

I would order a Sim immedeatly, even if not the issue it's good to have a spare for referrals or for a friend.  In the mean time you could ask a mod to check your account/ Sim card number see if there is any issue on their end.

I agree with your fully about having a spare.  Regardless of how people think it's a waste, the fact is that you can't buy replacement sim cards from any official source, other than the Public Mobiel website.  Waiting a few days just isn't an option for many people.  If I lost my phone, I could go into a store and purchase a replacement unlocked or Telus phone (which at worst, I might have to wait until the next morning when store re-open if you lose your phone at night), but asking someone to wait for a sim card to be shipped to them is too long to be without service in my opinion.  I suggest that all  users do themselves a favor and always have a spare sim available.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I would order a Sim immedeatly, even if not the issue it's good to have a spare for referrals or for a friend.  In the mean time you could ask a mod to check your account/ Sim card number see if there is any issue on their end.

In mean time try fongo as a stop gap for making and receiving calls.

New Sim should arrive in two days.  What city r u in? A community member might have a spare one to get you going faster.

dohadotahmed
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
I think jaswest2754 is absolutely right. Try to login to your online self serve account. If everything seems okay then it's probably defective sim card.
Thanks.

jaswest2754
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Sounds like you may need a new SIM card they are defective occasionally.

Need Help? Let's chat.