cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscription Usage.

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Why does it keep saying I've used Mobile Data that I haven't? I just signed up and haven't even used the Plan without wifi once and it already has 0.09GB used? That's kinda concerning. 

SmartSelect_20230719_115626_Public Mobile.jpg

I had a similar occurrence last month, when my data kept glitching out and saying I'd only used 0.43GB when I actually used over 6GB. 

FB_IMG_1689743277334.jpgFB_IMG_1689743275349.jpg

9 REPLIES 9

Priority

I didn't even know Telus had a Community for the main Network. I've only seen Community for Koodo and Public. 

@Priority 

not sure if it is a Telus specific thing, but I have found at least two interesting posts at Telus neighborhood and here is one

https://forum.telus.com/t5/Mobility-Services/Data-usage-doesn-t-reset-to-zero-at-the-beginning-of-bi...

Priority

I haven't used the Account once yet, as of today logging into the account again it went from 0.9GB Used to 0.1GB used. Odd but I'm satisfied.

SmartSelect_20230720_234958_DuckDuckGo.jpg

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

You have average 1300 megs to use every day. 90 megs is nothing. And did you click those little spinner refresh icons? And check for wifi assist? And data left on? And check for whatever app used it if not just the OS. But sure yeah I would wonder. But I wouldn't worry about it.

Priority

Well if it's only 90mb now, what's it going to continue to just randomly use out of my pool going forward.. I'm not the most concerned about it now, but if it was using 90mb per day on nothing I wouldn't be impressed. 

@Priority  Then ask support . My guess it’s just an activation data used to first blip on to the network with full access .

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Do you leave your data on all the time? Does the phone have the wifi failover (assist, whatever it's called) option on? But geez, you're worried about 90 megs and 430 megs when you have 40,000 megs?

Interesting to see cents in your balance.

Priority

I was connected to wifi through the whole Activation process, not using Data once..

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Priority  It’s such a a small amount and when you first activated it was using mobile data until you put in a wifi pass code presumably 

Need Help? Let's chat.