cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscription Overview.

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

When signed into the My Account and going into 'Subscriptions & Add-ons' it will show your 'Current Subscription' at the very top, showing you your plan and everything included in bullet points with it like this.Screenshot_20230726_161834_Chrome.jpgHowever I just recently made a new Account with the $50 • 40GB Canada-US Subscription and unlike my other Account on the $15 Plan it doesn't show any of those Bullet Points.. it doesn't clarify that it's a USA Roaming Plan, and it doesn't say what Calling/Texting is included or any Features.. why is that?Screenshot_20230726_161347_Public Mobile.jpgI've noticed it's exactly like this for every Referral I've done on the Canada-US Plan as well.. none of them will show the Details in Bullet Points..

It's also not just new Accounts, anyone I've switched to this Plan who has an active account it still doesn't show these details either. 

It's kinda concerning, because in two-years, what if our phones stopped working with Roaming on this plan in the States, and say when contacting CSA they say it doesn't indicate anywhere that this Is a Canada-US Plan on our account.. could this not cause long term issues of people who will be Grandfathered into this Subscription like me?

@J_PM can we please have those details added in here like every other Subscription? I'm assuming this is just an error that the developer team needs to fine tune. 

21 REPLIES 21

Like I said, half a whoot. So now we see that they don't show the unlimited data for 5G that I had wondered about earlier.

Priority

Update: it only seems to be showing Subscription Details for the 40GB Canada-US Plan because it was so heavily requested?

It appears the issue is still occurring on other plans, today I set up an Account on the $45 • 30GB Unlimited Data and it failed to show the Subscription Details in the 'Subscription & Add-ons Section'...

Screenshot_20230824_222244_Gallery.jpg

@Handy1 @hTideGnow @DennyCrane 

@hTideGnow- That's exactly what we're discussing. I agree. From all we have seen so far, the roaming plan would not be unlimited. And your piece about that not being likely to work in the US is perfectly reasonable.

Adding - so half a whoot anyway. They still don't show 100 outgoing or 50 total for these two plans.

dust2dust_0-1692900285728.pngdust2dust_1-1692900299144.png

HI @dust2dust 

i meant I am not sure these plans are setup with unlimited data at reduced 512

and I think Freedom has a terms saying how much max data you can use in US, it probably a matter of time PM will add that back

HI @Priority 

and I am surprise these US-Canada plan don't have a line saying the most data you can use with roaming, I think it is a matter of time they find people abuse it and then add it back

@hTideGnow- What are trying to say? I agree that that could be an additional complicating factor to have no unlimited data on the roaming plan.

Indeed @Priority that's the only true way for all of us to know for sure. And then hopefully someone can come along and corroborate it.

@Priority  Can’t wait to see your results 

Priority

My renewal date is on September 17th, I'll make sure on the last day to use up my entire Data Bucket to test this out and see if it continues to work at throttled/Reduced Speeds or not since I'm now on the 5G Subscription.

@hTideGnow makes a good point, I guess I'll have to test it to find out.

HI @dust2dust 

but I am not sure if roaming can be unlimited data at reduced,  T-Mobile and AT&T might not agree with that

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Nice find. Note the continuing lack of mention of unlimited data on that plan. Maybe someone else with a non-roaming 5G plan can verify that detail on their plan now that these details are visible.

@Handy1 Further proof that that isn't a thing (not unlimited).

HI @Priority 

since it is a 4G plan now, does it comes with unlimited data (reduced data at 512)?

@Priority  That’s great . But they still don’t show if it’s unlimited 5G or not . I suspect it is but no one seems certain yet 

Yeah I noticed that the other day too! About time!!

Priority

Whoot Whoot!! Look at that, they finally added in the Included Subscription Features and Details like we all wanted. 🫡🫡🫡

Thank you very much Public Mobile, this now makes it alot more clear to the ones who didn't understand very well. 🙌🙌🙌

Screenshot_20230824_110634_Public Mobile.jpg

@Handy1 @DennyCrane @dust2dust 

Priority

That's so true, I also just noticed that. 

250 MB Data at 3G Speed

It currently says: '100 min Canada-wide calling and unlimited messaging plus unlimited international text and picture messaging' for the $15 Plan. 😮

That needs to be updated to: '100 mins Outgoing Canada-wide calling/Unlimited incoming calls + unlimited messaging plus unlimited international text and picture messaging' or something along those lines. 

Even the way it is now bothers me with my OCD. I'd have it perfect if Public Mobile had me on the Developer team. 😂

Just put it simple like this below:

• 250mb Data at 3G Speeds.

• 100 Outgoing Canada Wide Minutes.

• Unlimited Worldwide Incoming Calls.

• Unlimited Worldwide Texting. 

• Calling Features: 

And for the $50 • 40GB I'd put it in like this:

• 40GB Canada/US Data at 4G Speeds.

• Unlimited Canada/US Calling.

• Unlimited Worldwide Texting.

• Calling Features: 

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

I've just come in to accept their poor descriptions 🤣

I'm confident the features and price of the plan are correct, and I let it be. I'll find out pretty quickly if it ends up not being the case. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

But there's also an oversight in your $15 image. No mention of 100 minutes outgoing, unlimited incoming. It just says 100 minutes Canada-wide. So what it is? Total? Out? In? Just more of the same lack of quality control and inconsistent messaging around here.

The ONLY way to figure out the plan is to call out and see if the counter increments. Pathetic.

@Priority  Your not wrong . It should be more clearly stated . Just like the $15 plan not always listing the unlimited incoming mins and only the 100 outgoing mins . But we all here know that’s the $15 plan 

Priority

But it should still be added in there regardless, it would look more professional and help customers be able to understand what is included with their Subscription. 

In the future, that could change and there might be another $50 • 40GB Plan for them to confuse this with.. I just won't want to lose any included Roaming Features because it doesn't indicate that I have them.. 

I'm sure others will feel the same.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Priority  They know just by the price of the plan and data bucket in the plan because this is the only 40GB $50 plan they ever had same with the 20GB for $39 or 90GB for 90 days $117

Need Help? Let's chat.