cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscription Not Activated - Koodoo to Public

Catzc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm running in circles with this and really need some help. 

• Bought SIM from Telus store
  • Started account online
  • Paid for subscription

Got to step 4 on the website. Finish setup, Payment complete. It says sim is on the way, even though I already have one. But in the billing screen - it did not bill me for one.

Downloaded the app. Followed the instructions. Used my Koodoo IMEI instead of account. Got to step 6 and it shows subscription not activated.

Called the 1-800 number provided in private messaging. They were no help without an account number. Can't get my account number, when I click on my account from the website it takes me to "let's complete your activation". 

Stuck in a circle of dead ends.... need help please. 

20 REPLIES 20

Marnie1234
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am having the same issue....getting an error reading "subscription not activated - something didn't go right while activating your subscription.  Click below to contact a customer service agent.' I have dome everything asked of me and it's been 18 hours and still not activation text from Koodo (my current provider).  

Catzc

Had to submit a ticket to reset my PM account to restart to the activation process as recommended by Telus helpdesk. No reply yet so we will see. 

AliG1

Did you get anywhere with this

Catzc

I can't find an account number, and any email which public has sent - everything is starred out besides the last 4 digits.

This should not be this difficult. 

AliG1

Same issue called porting number help team but they can't help with the subscription.

I have a ticket but it hasn't got me anywhere yet

@AliG1 wrote:

Is mood sim the Koodo sim? 

HI @AliG1 

I tihnk with "mood sim", he meant old sim

yes, leave the Koodo sim in the phone until you get a text from Koodo about porting, you need to reply yes to approve the port within 90 mins

AliG1

Is mood sim the Koodo sim? 

@AliG1  🤞 

AliG1

Thanks I have a ticket now. Pray for me

@AliG1  I’m not sure you can just have to contact support or the porting team to re trigger the port request and give them just the account number leaving the mood sim in the phone to reply YES to the confirmation text to port 

will send you the porting  team number private message also 

AliG1

Me too

AliG1

How can you go back and enter the Koodo account number if you already entered the imei number

Catzc

Thanks,  on hold with the customer service team right now.

@Catzc  It’s best to use Koodo account number and ignore the IMEI . But if this is Koodo pre paid you need to take a temp PM phone number then ask support to transfer Koodo number over for you . But if Koodo pre paid you should be able to do so on activation leaving the Koodo SIM card in phone to reply YES to the confirmation text . If you missed this text you can call the porting team to re trigger the request . Will send you that number private message if you end up needing it

HI @Catzc 

yes, test it and see if it connects to PM network

but even it works, you need to put the Koodo sim back to the phone after to wait for the porting authorization text from PM

Catzc

Thanks, have already done messaged CS. 

@hTideGnow  No, we have not installed the sim yet. Should we? 

Catzc

It looks as though Koodo to Public is an issue. I also used the IMEI, instead of Koodo account number. Locked in step 6 also. 

@Catzc  If chat bot is not working for you , try this direct link to support 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

HI @Catzc 

and  you tried the PM sim card in the phone and cannot connect?

You need to contact PM support agent and have them confirm if the account setup was done.  Ask them to also confirm if porting was submitted properly

please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437        

Catzc

Also having this issue Koodo to Public. Stuck in the endless loop of Step 6 and chat bot questions. Physical sim, not esim. Seems as though Public has a recurring problem which they need to fix... 

Need Help? Let's chat.