cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscription Charges

sarrah
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was charged for my plan yesterday, I had already selected the new limited time deal to replace my old one upon renewal, however when I checked my plan today, it was still the old one. I'm going to the US this week and this limited time plan includes US and Canada data, minutes, and messaging, which I need. Is there any way to get the new plan added onto my account without paying another $34?

9 REPLIES 9

@sarrah  There are currently two $34 plans, one for Canada-US and one for Canada only but unlimited data.  Both have 50GB of data bucket but the Canada-only continues past that at reduced speed.  Is it possible you accidentally selected the Canada-only one?

sarrah
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

The new plan is the same price as the old plan, so I couldn't tell if it switched over solely by price difference. I checked my subscription on 2 different devices, and it still shows my old one. It just never changed. I sent a ticket to customer support to resolve this issue, fingers crossed they can help me by the end of this week.

szu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@sarrah 

Maybe check your credit card statement. Were you charged your old plan rate or new limited deal $34 + taxes?

If you were charged the new plan rate, might want to clear cache or incognito/privacy mode before you login again. Sometimes this website has caching issues. 

@sarrah , sometimes cached data might cause you to see old account information.  If you are using a browser to view the account use incognito mode to do so and if you are using the app, delete app data and try viewing the account again.  Confirm the plan change before seeking support.  

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@sarrah  How long before yesterday's renewal did you select the plan change?  If it was too close to renewal it might not have been in time.  In that case your account would show the change scheduled for 30 days from yesterday.  If you scheduled the change on renewal well in advance did you by chance keep a screenshot you could show customer support?

eddieO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hey @HALIMACS, from the sounds of their post I got the same impression that they made a recent plan change but was thinking if they asked nicely or implied that they signed up to the wrong one that the agent would be understanding and could make the change for them especially given that both plans cost the same amount. Probably no guarantees CS will change it both at this point it's worth asking

Did the OP make a recent plan change though, @eddieO ?

I didn't gather that from their description.

It sounded like they were on the plan, and an offer of a preferred plan was released and their plan renewed before they could get in on it.

Sure, a customer support agent might be fooled into believing otherwise, either way.

It is possible.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Sorry, @sarrah , there is not, unless you actually did respond to the promotional text on time and with the correct reply to receive the option.

You would have had to have scheduled the change BEFORE the renewal occured.

eddieO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@sarrah I would try contacting CS_agent and say you ordered the wrong one to see if they can change your account without incurring additional charges. There's no guarantee they will but it's possible 

To open a ticket through the Chatbot:
https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
(and then type: Customer Support Agent)

Or, if you are having trouble with the Chatbot try sending a private message to: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
(note: you will need to be logged into your Community account for this link to work)

Need Help? Let's chat.