cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotty connection

Adam83
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello

i I have been with public mobile for a few years now and had not issues until the last few months. Both my partner and I have iPhones and our connection cuts out a lot during phone calls. I even bought a new iPhone thinking my older one was the issue, but the new one is no better.  It is really hard to have a conversation. We live in West Kelowna,BC and don’t know what changed recently to make the connection so bad here now. Any ideas or suggestions? We really don’t want to have to leave public mobile but we also need to have reliable cell service. 
thanks 

8 REPLIES 8

Pissoff23
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm having the same issue here in Keremeos.

Jedi1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I am in the same location and have had failed calls the last while but was not sure if it was my phone or the connection etc.    My phone does also sometimes do a buzzing sound that makes it hard to understand a caller but that started before.  

Adam83

Thanks for sharing the coverage map. I didn't actually know where the towers are. There are a few within a couple KM of my house. We didn't have issues when we first moved here, but the area is getting built up, so it might be that there aren't enough to support the are.

Adam83

Thanks for the suggestion. I haven't tested a call yet, but when I switched my phone from 5G to 3G, I went from 1 bar to all 5 bars. I will change it on my partners phone and we will test it out to see if that resolves the connection issues. If so, I will create tickets to see if PM can fix it. 

@BKNS27 wrote:

@Adam83 

You may want to check if Telus or Bell are working on their towers in your area.

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus/map 

That website is not updated by Telus or Bell, nor is any network maintenance information posted there.  The information presented there is crowd source from reports of customers and gives no indication on whether anything is being currently worked on.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Adam83 

You may want to check if Telus or Bell are working on their towers in your area.

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus/map 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Adam83 , take a look at the coverage map for your city.  It seems to be well covered near the lake but a little sparse to the south and west.  

https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html?lat=49.859779&lng=-119.584293&zoom=13&type=Roa...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Adam83 I wonder if it is an issue with VoLTE.  Did you get better voice quality if you are in another area of the city??

Just for testing, you might want to change the network mode to 3G and see if the voice is any better.  If it is better with 3G, you should open a ticket with PM support and tell them your VolTE is not working well and see if they have ways to re-provision or fixes 

Need Help? Let's chat.