cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorry, your account activation request has failed on the last step

rexdsousa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi All,

I signed up for PM (around 4:30pm), and completed all steps 1 through 6 and on the summary page i get the following:

6. Transaction Summary- Sorry, your account activation request has failed. Please visit our online community at href="https://publicmobile.ca/community" Target="_blank">publicmobile.ca/community for assistance.Thanks for submitting your activation request. Your request has been processed. Full details are below 

Plase note: I got an email indicating Public Mobile Activation and didn't see anything standing out in term of error. I am porting my number from Wind Mobile. I have seen a lot of similar issues on the forum, so i messaged @Saray_O and @Mary_M yesterday but haven't heard back. I suppose they are busy, so is there anyone else that can sort this out.

I plugged my SIM into the phone, and i can see its connecting to PM however i don't have data, voice or texting service guessin because the activation process has not fully gone through.

44 REPLIES 44

goldenbullet92

They start your plan when activation is complete, so while your credit card is charged, the 90 days doesn't start until activation is complete.  So you won't lose any money, I checked my account for that as I was curious.

KirkK
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Mary_M,  Saray_O, and Shazia_<can't remember initial>. with an @ symbol in front.  There's also supposedly a new fourth moderator Caroline_<can't remember initial>.  Anyways the top sticky announcement contains he list and availability times for all moderators.

@Bobpop

Bobpop
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Who are the 3 mods? Please help... I need to message them... the activation failed but credit card charged for days now...

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Doubt it lol but I'd still but a ticket 🙂

cutuk
Maryam responded to my post telling me that she can help. I responded back within 10min but haven't heard back from her since. Maybe I'll have better luck winning lotto max this Friday than getting a response back 🙂

ilikesuushi
Followed all steps in that and messaged @Mary_M on Friday. Haven't been read yet so it's really just feeling like luck.

rexdsousa
Hey all,
Just saw the below post from the moderator, which includes what information to send when messaging them of the activation issue. This might speeden the process instead of going back and forth.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

goldenbullet92

There is an order, I sent two PM to one MOD, one on friday and one on saturday (with further info).  The one on Friday was read as of Monday and she fixed the activation but the one sent on Saturday was unread, thus the order.  I also sent emails, which remain unanswered.

Maybe they have 4 staff for this forum, and different staff that answers the emails.  Most people probably email as that is what I would prefer instead of doing these PMs.

I ported two phones from rogers.  Given my problem on friday, I waited till saturday to do my wifes, which ported and activated without error.

Happy I did the switch given the money saved and better plan.  Willl be switching my Mom soon.

KirkK

@hereforthedeal:  Ensure you also contact another of the mods by private message because I'm not convinced they end up visible to all the mods in the first place.

hereforthedeal

I'm over 100 hours since the e-mail form was submitted, approaching 48 hours since I PM'd one of the mods. I guess I'll start making threads tomorrow

KirkK

@cutuk:  It (my pure activation problem) was resolved in approximately 72 hours for me as well as per my post "To all those waiting...".  But I now suspect that it helped to start some provocative posts that the mods couldn't ignore, because I think the queue structure is not working currently, and the order people are getting helped in is not first in first out as it needs to be.

goldenbullet92

My activation was fixed in 72 hours, so I guess that's what the backlog would be.

akagw

Yeah I have tried that method too, no luck so far. 

s_christopher
I actually had luck messaging them on twitter. They had me DM them and resolved the issue. Good luck all!

cutuk

How long did it take them to get back to you?  Trying to get a rough idea how bad is the backlog?

shaner82

@cutuk wrote:

Just curious, has anyone received any kind of reply from the mods?  I sent a PM to Mary_M on Saturday, nothing yet, my msg wasn't even read.

I have not received a response yet.  I sent a message on Saturday as well.  I still can't get incoming calls. Very frustrating.  If I don't hear back by Thursday I'm going to call Rogers and see if I can undo whatever has been done so far.  Then I'm calling my credit card company and requesting a charge back due to not receiving what I paid for

akagw

Got a reply but they screwed things up. I didn't care about the failed port anymore and ended up setting up a new number on self serve. They retried the port today and it ended up cancelling the new number, now my SIM card is set up with the old failed port number and I have since cancelled my service with my old provider. This is crazy. 

cutuk

Just curious, has anyone received any kind of reply from the mods?  I sent a PM to Mary_M on Saturday, nothing yet, my msg wasn't even read.

s_christopher

Would be more than happy to just stick with Rogers at this point, but the worst part is my credit card has been charged already! Pretty blown away at the difficulty of getting ahold of someone to deal with this issue.

shaner82

I should have just stayed with Rogers.  I'm only saving $12 per month, but I'm not sure it's worth it.  Unfortunately I wonder if it's too late at this point.  Very unimpressed with PM

s_christopher

@shaner82 Yea same issue, same provider for me. Been over 24 hours since I sent an email with no reply. My pm's to the mods haven't even been read yet. Not been a good experience with Public mobile at all thus far.

shaner82

I'm having the same problem, but I actually tried porting a number over from Rogers.  My Rogers account is still active so obviously it didn't go through.  Sent an e-mail asking for help but no reply yet

ilikesuushi
@Mary_M I sent you a pm, same issues as above.

drc

2 days without a reply from the mods to the "failed activation" error. This is ridiculous, especially when the credit card charge sure as hell didn't "fail".

goldenbullet92

I also sent you a PM Mary_M. 

cutuk
PM sent...

Thanks

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @cutuk

Shazia is not in, and I am the only one available 😞

Please send me your info (SIM card #, phone number you ported and account # associated to your old service provider) I'll look into it!

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

cutuk
I'm sure it can be all fixed once we get ahold of one of the Mods. I sent a PM to Shazia_K yesterday but no response yet. Did anyone have a better luck with another Moderator?

goldenbullet92

I also got the dates error, when I signed up, it said february, then the email said the renew would be in December, depsite signing up for the 90 day plan, which was also disclosed in the same email.

Need Help? Let's chat.