cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorry, your account activation request has failed on the last step

rexdsousa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi All,

I signed up for PM (around 4:30pm), and completed all steps 1 through 6 and on the summary page i get the following:

6. Transaction Summary- Sorry, your account activation request has failed. Please visit our online community at href="https://publicmobile.ca/community" Target="_blank">publicmobile.ca/community for assistance.Thanks for submitting your activation request. Your request has been processed. Full details are below 

Plase note: I got an email indicating Public Mobile Activation and didn't see anything standing out in term of error. I am porting my number from Wind Mobile. I have seen a lot of similar issues on the forum, so i messaged @Saray_O and @Mary_M yesterday but haven't heard back. I suppose they are busy, so is there anyone else that can sort this out.

I plugged my SIM into the phone, and i can see its connecting to PM however i don't have data, voice or texting service guessin because the activation process has not fully gone through.

44 REPLIES 44

KirkK
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes, the e-mail messed up the date.  On the half-failed registration page, the AutoPay date said Feb 2, 2017 (which is correct given my attempt to register was done this morning, before the moderators suddenly went AWOL eastern daylight time)... but the bs e-mail claiming that my account got set up had the autopay date reset to 12/1/2016... so they can (illegally) bill me on Dec 1 instead of three months from now.

cutuk
I guess I'm in the same boat as you guys. I got the activation e-mail today and it said "Your next AutoPay payment date is : 12/1/2016" at the bottom. Last night when I was signing up it said that my next AutoPay will be on feb 1 2017. Did anyone else get mixed date for the next payment?
For me it has been almost 24hours, but I'm ok because I can still use my wind account. Hopefully it'll get fixed soon. They must have too many new costumes at the moment.
Anyways let's keep each other posted of what is happening

akagw

I find it interesting to see some customers were taken care of in other threads today but others such as yourself have been waiting for a long time. Not sure what the triage process is for fixes. 

Brizz13

I ported everything last night about 8PM EST and it failed at activation as well. No response for PM yet

akagw

Yeah, I am back in the not activated boat after thinking things were going ok. Turns out things were only ok because I was able to text my wife (another PM customer). All other texts wouldn't send and I cannot receive either. 

My activation failed this morning and I was billed. I found a work around to create my account but the number port process didn't seem to work properly. 

Last night I did my wife's set up and port from Eastlink with zero issues. What happened between 9 last night and 9 this morning I am unsure. I did the same steps for set up and port from the same provider.

I also wonder why there hasn't been a general statement at least acknowledging the issue. I messaged Mods earlier this morning when my activation initially failed and once again this evening when I realized things were not working. I still haven't had a response. I totally get the backlog but they need keep us in the loop. 

I am sure if this gets worked out I will forget about the issues in due time but for now, I am one frustrated new customer. At least my former provider SIM still works because the port didn't go through. It would be one thing if my payment didn't process, but since it did, I feel a bit cheated right now 😞 Hopefully we can get some sort of moderator action soon. I want to love Public Mobile. 

KirkK

Glad to hear that you resolved your transfer issue, but the issue for us is *activation* issues.  I've given up even caring about the port/transfer of my other number (which I did not try to do during the activation process)... the fact is they can't even handle account creation right now, yet can happily BILL us!

The problem now, after reading many many more posts like this, is that the so-called moderators are completely AWOL: as far as I can tell none of them have been on for six hours now as I post this (Friday, 5:52 PM MDT).  I appreciate that there is obviously a MASSIVE database problem, that this is a discount/flanker brand of Telus, that there are a finite number of moderators posted to resolve an issue, but what is getting ridiculous is that they have not made a general announcement/acknowledgment that there even is a database registration issue (acknowledgement), instead giving us this run-around advice about PM'ing (or replying on one of these posts) the moderators... who are simply not here today.  

So stop instructing us to private message, or worse, 'reply' to a forum post to resolve a fundamental registration/financial transaction problem.  Acknowledge it generally, and keep us informed.

In fact, in all the years I've been on the internet (~22), I've NEVER EVER seen an e-business/internet commerce site run in such a way that you can be billed without an account being created.  I wouldn't be surprised if this is illegal: after all, billing us without providing the service amounts to theft.

rexdsousa

Hey guys,

Around 6pm today i got a text indicating the transfer has been completed, and for about 30 mins was ony able to make outbound calls. And half hour later, i was able to recieve inbound calls and my data was working. So far, no complaints and things looking really good.

For the rest of the folks that are recieving the error, i suggest messaging the moderators with your phone number, SIM and the email address you used for signup and maybe wait for a full day before things start to get sorted out. 

s_christopher

Looks like I'm in the same boat as the folks here on this thread. Sam error message, can't log into my self serve. Bummer!

rexdsousa

@goldenbullet92 Guess we in the same boat. I emailed the moderator @Mary_M, @Shazia_K yesterday around 4:30pm and I am hoping to hear back from them. GUessing there's a lot of us that moved to PM so might be a minor hickup on their webpacge. 

goldenbullet92

I have the same problem, did the 6 steps, then at the end:

"- Sorry, your account activation request has failed. Please visit our online community at href=" https://publicmobile.ca/community" Target="_blank">publicmobile.ca/community for assistance."

I was porting over a number from rogers.  My credit card was charged.  I can't login to the auto serve.  No data or talk on my cell with the new SIM on my unlocked samsung S6.  I got an email from PM that made it seem like the activation went through.

Help

KirkK

I just got exactly the same problem, and I'm not even trying to port a number yet (so this is carrier independent). Eventually I will want to port my Koodo number.  Disturbingly my credit card was billed, but I can't even log into self service as the account was not created, yet I received the e-mail from Public Mobile.  I haven't even bothered actually trying the SIM card in my phone yet.

Time is of the essence for me as my Koodo plan is about to re-start tomorrow.

Can a moderator please help: @Mary_M @Saray_O @Jeremy_M @Shazia_K

AndreLaranjeiro

They offer prompt replies, so they should fix it up soon!  Welcome to PM!

rexdsousa

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm with Wind. I've contacted the moderator, hopefully they can assist soon.

AndreLaranjeiro

This has been happening lately. Are you with Rogers currently?  You must contact a moderator to solve this issue for you.

Need Help? Let's chat.