cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sometimes my messages wont send

gabezone12
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Sometimes my texts wont send even though I have 3 bars. I changed phones and stayed the same sim and it still sometimes wouldnt send. Seems like it is an issue with the sim. I tried changing plans idk what else to do. 

5 REPLIES 5

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@gabezone12  - Do you have an android or apple phone?

Chat Features require a wifi connection or data to send/receive texts.

• if you are using android and you use Chat Features, then I suggest you turn that off, as it requires wifi or data to send/receive texts.

Disable your Chat Features: 

1. Open Messages
  2. Tap More options > Settings > Chat features
  3. Turn Enable chat features off

HI @WolverineCaz   you are correct.  Mobile data needs to be enabled for MMS (picture message) to send and receive.  But it won't consume any data, you just need to enable it so it can transmit

HI@gabezone12 , so, the text you are talking about, is that just text only sms ? or is that iMessage or Rich Communication service (RCS)?

WolverineCaz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

For sending pictures, make sure your data is on and not just using the wifi. It seems, for me anyways, to be the only way it works. Regular texts doesn't matter if it's on wifi, data etc. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@gabezone12   do you notice the text will only send out when you have wifi or mobile data turned on?

are you sure you sent traditional SMS or you are sending iMessage or RCS?  iMessage or RCS are not traditional text and they need data or Wifi.  It won't send if mobile data is turned off or Wifi is off.

You can confirm if you are really sending SMS or iMessage/RCS by the colour of it

Chat-SMS.png

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

iphone? Android? The test change to - iphone? Android?

Wifi on? Off? Cell data on? Off?

Need Help? Let's chat.