cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I’ve ordered a SIM card 3 weeks ago and still haven’t received it

zeus218
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need help!! I placed an order online nearly three weeks ago and was informed my SIM cards would arrive within 7-10 days. Three weeks later and nothing has come in the mail. No contact information to call and reach someone. What can I do??

9 REPLIES 9

zeus218

Yes I have since been in contact with a customer service agent as a result of my post.

The issue here is that public mobile does not allow you to create a ticket, nor call and speak to an agent if you do not have a phone number associated with public mobile. Thus the only method of contact was via a community forum in order to reach an agent.

This is likely a flaw in the system but for an unlikely scenario and I understand that this is a fluke scenario that this is highly unusual.

That all being said, a little critical thinking goes a long way.

Thank you regardless, I appreciate the effort. 

@zeus218 wrote:

You think the right thing is to call and order another SIM card when I haven’t received the first one that I ordered over three weeks ago? How does this seem reasonable or logical?

@zeus218  - we are customers and members of this forum, we are not Public Mobile agents, and just trying help other. That first one could be lost in the mail, as normally SIMs get shipped regular letter post.

So @hairbag1 was just trying to give you another option if you were looking for a SIM card sooner.

If interested, here are stores that may carry some Public SIMs : https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/store-locator

call ahead to check availability.

You can still see @NDesai post to contact Public agents about your order. Perhaps they will credit you for it?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@zeus218 

As far as I know, there are no tracking options for SIM card orders. These items are supposed to be fulfilled from public mobile within a couple of days and then once in Canada Posts hands can take several weeks to be delivered.

However some people have reported receiving them within 5 days.

Personally, I might opt to pick one up at a corporate Telus,  Koodo or Mobile Klinic location near you. 

This way, if you eventually get the public mobile one, and you should, you'll have a spare in case yours ever becomes lost, damaged or otherwise unusable.

@zeus218 

nothing but a suggestion. I hope you get the one you ordered soon.

zeus218

You think the right thing is to call and order another SIM card when I haven’t received the first one that I ordered over three weeks ago? How does this seem reasonable or logical?

@zeus218 

for $5, call them up and order a PM sim...they even have free shipping. Order tomorrow...you'll likely have it Monday.

zeus218

Placed the order on January 21 and I’m an hour outside of Toronto. Hope this is sorted out soon!

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@zeus218 

These guys do ship right away so you'll get it promptly. If you're in or near the GTA, they have local pick-up option. Sim is cheaper too.

When the one your ordered from PM does arrive, save it and gift a family member or friend who wants to $ave money on the cell bills too.

https://canadiancellsupplies.com/collections/sim-cards/products/multi-sim-card-for-standard-micro-na...

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@zeus218 You will need to contact CS_Agent to get more tracking details. Each order should have a tracking number that they should be able to look up. You can try tracking on some shipping couriers such as Canada Post or FedEx using the Order# as refrence to see if anything comes up. 

Here’s when and how to contact our Customer Support Agents:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Need Help? Let's chat.