cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US DATA NOT WORKING

MichelleMurphy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I have purchased two data plans (totalling $35) that are not working. The first purchase didn't show up on my account nor did a receive an sms about add-on. When I made the second purchase, both add-ons appear on my account and neither work. It now shows I have used %0.4 of the total data but I haven't been able to have access to any of it. My need for the data is now expiring and the service is not working. 

11 REPLIES 11

@BEER wrote:

Here are some steps you can take to try to resolve the issue:

1. Contact Public Mobile: The first step you should take is to contact Public Mobile customer service and report the issue. You can reach them by dialing *611 from your Public Mobile phone or by using their online chat service. Explain the situation and provide any relevant details, such as the date and time of the purchase, the amount paid, and the phone number associated with the account. They should be able to investigate and provide you with a resolution.

2. Check your account balance: Make sure that the funds were deducted from your account and that your account balance is sufficient to cover the cost of the data plans.

3. Restart your device: Sometimes, simply restarting your device can fix issues with data connectivity. Try turning your device off and on again to see if this resolves the issue.

4. Check your data settings: Make sure that your device is set up correctly for data usage. Check that your data connection is turned on and that you have the correct APN settings for Public Mobile.

5. Request a refund: If the issue is not resolved, you can request a refund for the data plans that you purchased. Contact Public Mobile customer service and explain the situation, and they should be able to process a refund for you.

I hope this helps you to resolve the issue and get the data plan you need.

Once again, please take note that Public Mobile customer support cannot be reached by phone, neither at 611 nor at 1-855-478-2542.

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Here are some steps you can take to try to resolve the issue:

1. Contact Public Mobile: The first step you should take is to contact Public Mobile customer service and report the issue. You can reach them by dialing *611 from your Public Mobile phone or by using their online chat service. Explain the situation and provide any relevant details, such as the date and time of the purchase, the amount paid, and the phone number associated with the account. They should be able to investigate and provide you with a resolution.

2. Check your account balance: Make sure that the funds were deducted from your account and that your account balance is sufficient to cover the cost of the data plans.

3. Restart your device: Sometimes, simply restarting your device can fix issues with data connectivity. Try turning your device off and on again to see if this resolves the issue.

4. Check your data settings: Make sure that your device is set up correctly for data usage. Check that your data connection is turned on and that you have the correct APN settings for Public Mobile.

5. Request a refund: If the issue is not resolved, you can request a refund for the data plans that you purchased. Contact Public Mobile customer service and explain the situation, and they should be able to process a refund for you.

I hope this helps you to resolve the issue and get the data plan you need.

Timmy2

I just toggled airplane mode on and off and now i am getting data I also in setting on mobility networks took it out of auto fine click on t mobile now back in auto find it seems to be working not sure which one was the fix

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@MichelleMurphy if you already purchased a same type addon and it has been the full 15 days (360 hours) since purchased, then you still need another 12 + hours to wait before buying the same addon.

If this is your case, have CSA fix this for you by submitting a ticket to them through Simon chatbot at bottom on this page.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@MichelleMurphy  And @Timmy2  if you add on is not working you both may like to contact support and see if they can credit you account or refund you both possible 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get support by starting a conversation with virtual Chat box /SIMon. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking here.

Watch for reply top of page to the

Right ( envelope image )

Timmy2

I am having exact same problem today. I takes the money but no service. First tiem this has happened. I have rebutted several times and no luck. I think there is a system problem

@MichelleMurphy 

Try rebooting the phone and see if that works.

MichelleMurphy

just tried that, thank you. it's still not working

@MichelleMurphy  Go into your phone settings/ cellular/network selection toggle off automatic and set to TMobile 

MichelleMurphy

how do you manually connect to T-mobile ? I've rebooted multiple times and T-mobile appears in the top left corner of the screen.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@MichelleMurphy  Make sure you phone is manually connected to T mobile and reboot the device 

Need Help? Let's chat.