cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone use my email address to register an account on PUBLIC MOBILE website

mike134
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all,

I have NEVER tried to register an account at Public Mobile website, but I got an congradulation email from Public Mobile website. It means someone use my email address to create an account. Can somebody tell me how to let Public Mobile to delete that account?

Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9

@will13am wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@computergeek541 If someone hacked my email they would see my original PM welcome email with my account. Let's say the hacker also has my name and my number. Nothing stops him from purchasing a Lucky sim and port that number over.... I'm just giving the OP a heads up. Better safe than sorry!

This doesn't make sense. Just because someone uses your email or perhaps accidentally used your email, that's no indication of any hacking or compromised email.  If someone takes over your email, the first thing that will change is the password.

There's probably somebody freaking out about to post that they don't know what their email is and they haven't gotten the welcome email but they have service . Re: can't access self serve

@geopublic wrote:

@computergeek541 If someone hacked my email they would see my original PM welcome email with my account. Let's say the hacker also has my name and my number. Nothing stops him from purchasing a Lucky sim and port that number over.... I'm just giving the OP a heads up. Better safe than sorry!

This doesn't make sense. Just because someone uses your email or perhaps accidentally used your email, that's no indication of any hacking or compromised email.  If someone takes over your email, the first thing that will change is the password.

@geopublic wrote:

@mike134  If someone used your email to create a PM account then if I was you I would be very worried that your email account has been hacked and take steps to secure it ASAP.

I wouldn't come to that conclusion.  I don't see that as any indication that the person has access to that e-mail account.  More likely, the person won't be able to do any password resets and has actually made his or her Public Mobile account vulnerable.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@mike134 Wouldn't worry too much. The person who (accidently) used your email address to create an account will soon be desperate to change it so he can access his account.

If your email address has been "stolen" worry more about financial places that use it as your username. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@mike134  If someone used your email to create a PM account then if I was you I would be very worried that your email account has been hacked and take steps to secure it ASAP.

@GinYVR wrote:

@hairbag1Just a note the link you given to @mike134 works but it will be given a lower priority than using the ? and SIMon to generate a support ticket for the moderators.

Good point. The OP appearantly isn't a regular PM customer so I thought to give him the link would be faster than explaining how to talk to Simon.

@hairbag1Just a note the link you given to @mike134 works but it will be given a lower priority than using the ? and SIMon to generate a support ticket for the moderators.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@mike134 wrote:

Hi all,

I have NEVER tried to register an account at Public Mobile website, but I got an congradulation email from Public Mobile website. It means someone use my email address to create an account. Can somebody tell me how to let Public Mobile to delete that account?

Thank you.

Click this to message moderator

Send a message to the PM moderators and they'll take care of it for you.

Need Help? Let's chat.