cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some texts not being delivered + some calls going straight to vm t

fr33wh33l
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi! I've had my plan no problems for a few years now but suddenly text to certain numbers aren't delivering (but I can receive texts from them). They are all sms texts but other sms texts send, and they are also a 709 area code where I am 250, but other 709 area codes send fine. It has to be something to do with them all being new contacts I'm trying to text for the first time, but I don't know why it's not working. 

Also just today only two separate people kept trying to call me (seperate times) and it kept going straight to voicemail, but they kept trying and it eventually got through. Why 😭

4 REPLIES 4

@fr33wh33l 

There are two possible explanations to the trouble you are experiencing either ( but much less likely) your SIM card needs reprovisioning or is failing because it's an older SIM. Or you have a poor connection to the network. Troubleshooting both of these issues is very similar but with a couple of different steps. Usually the first two or three steps will clear up either issue but keep these in mind when you experience similar problems in the future.( Test after each tip.)

1. Reboot your phone. ( You should do this once a week anyways.)
  2. Toggle airplane mode on/off.
  3. Remove SIM card and set aside. Check for any dirt or debris in the SIM slot. Check the SIM card for dirt or damage and gently clean with a little alcohol and a cotton swab. After 10 minutes reseat the SIM card making sure the SIM fits snugly in the SIM slot. Use a paper shim or a little tape to secure it in slot/tray. Reinsert in the phone and reboot.
  4. Perform a network reset.
  5. Clear the cache of the troublesome apps. Perform device maintenance.*
  6. Add a payment of at least $1 to your account balance.**
  7. Log in to your self serve account. Go to the plans or usage page. Click on lost/stolen. Suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Log out and Reboot.***
  8. Contact customer support via Simple--Simon or private message.

*Will not help reprovision.

**Will not help a poor connection.

***Caution : Using lost/stolen w/active service even briefly will cause rewards to not apply upon renewal. You must contact the CSA's after renewal and ask for them to be applied manually. Also will not help a poor connection.

@fr33wh33l 

Clear your message and phone app's cache. Reboot your phone. Then toggle airplane mode on/off.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@fr33wh33l wrote:

Hi! I've had my plan no problems for a few years now but suddenly text to certain numbers aren't delivering (but I can receive texts from them). They are all sms texts but other sms texts send, and they are also a 709 area code where I am 250, but other 709 area codes send fine. It has to be something to do with them all being new contacts I'm trying to text for the first time, but I don't know why it's not working. 

Also just today only two separate people kept trying to call me (seperate times) and it kept going straight to voicemail, but they kept trying and it eventually got through. Why 😭

@fr33wh33l ,

Perform a Reset of your Network Settings, and see if things improve.

Also, try to change your SIM into another compatible phone and see if the same thing happens. This will narrow down a phone or account/SIM issue.

Check location of coverage and towers below...

Here is a link for a coverage map.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/coverage

Canadian Cell Towers

http://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@fr33wh33l   just curious, did you change your phone lately?

try to switch to 3G Only on your network for a day or two to see if that helps your incoming calls issue..

Need Help? Let's chat.