cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim not working

iaredi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just bought a new line, activated it and paid the 15 cad package. However, the line doesn't work. When I try to connect to TELUS network, I get a message saying the sim does not allow me to connect to that mobile network. 

I don't know what else to do.

10 REPLIES 10

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@iaredi If you live in Vancouver, BC, I have an extra SIM card that you can have. We can meet up, and will gladly give this to you if it is the SIM issue

iaredi

Thank you, softech. I have another line, and it works without problems. I only have 3G option, but it still is not connected properly.

I tried with another phone unsuccessfully. This is not my lucky day.

@iaredi   

Xiaomi 8 note might not work very well in PM network.

Depends on the model, some might not really work on PM network., so which exact model you got?

Change your network mode to 3G Only and you might be able to connect using 3G instead of 4G (LTE)

FYI, this are the bands used here in PM:

E-Band-Frequency.jpg

iaredi

make Xiaomi model note 8, SO: android 9

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@iaredi 

It sounds like your Sim card did not provision correctly upon activation.  Contact customer support as provided by @hTideGnow above.

iaredi

When I try to set up the network manually, I just see Telus, Bell and Rogers. I don't think that's the problem though since my other public mobile sim card works just fine when I select Telus network.

My phone is a Xiaomi 8 note.

I think I did activate it successfully since the payment went through.

I will submit the ticket. Thank you.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

iphone? Android? Specific make and model?

iaredi

Yes. I restarted it twice. Still not working.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @iaredi   do you have a Public Mobile sim card?  you should be connecting to Public Mobile, not Telus

What phone do you have?

But you have successfully activated PM ?  I think it just sim card setup problem, submit a ticket with PM agent:

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Contact,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
from the list of , choose "Other"
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@iaredi 

try restarting phone first....did that help ?

Need Help? Let's chat.