cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card not working on iphone 8

Jorge5
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@CS_Agent 

Moved sim card to an iphone 8 which states that the carrier is public mobile, however when inserting sim it states "SIM not supported".  Please help

10 REPLIES 10

Jorge5

I purchased it from a private seller and after I set up my apple account on it, it states that Public Mobile is the carrier

Abheer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Where did you purchase the device from as Public Mobile does not sell devices?

Jorge5

I did just purchase it and I called the original carrier (Bell) and they are saying the phone is not locked to them.  I called ROgers just in case the seller made an error and its also not locked to Rogers, so I'm stuck as there are no additional carriers to confirm, not sure what additional steps to take here, thanks

Jorge5

The carrier is Public Mobile who the device is under 

@Jorge5 that message generally means the phone is still locked

which carrier it was used before?

if you just bought it, you will have to contact the seller to confirm the original carrier 

Abheer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello there @Jorge5 

I am sorry to hear that the SIM card is not working on your device. It is possible that there is SIM restriction on your device meaning that it is carrier locked. Please contact where you purchased the device from and ask them for further assistance in unlocking your device. Hope this helped!

Regards,
Abheer

Jorge5

yes thats correct

Jorge5

It states that the carrier is Public Mobile when I go into the "about" section in settings - it is 100% not locked to Rogers or Bell 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Jorge5 

so you put the sim in the iphone 8 and it shows in corner as Public Mobile...is that correct ?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Jorge5 

Look like your iPhone 8 is carrier locked

If the message is "SIM network unlock PIN" or "SIM ME lock code NP" or "SIM not Supported" or  on an iPhone's About->Carrier Lock showing "SIM locked"
          You have to ask the carrier where you got the phone from for unlocking it.
           (Sorry, for this particular issue, PM support would not be able to help) 

Need Help? Let's chat.