cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim cannot find

arvin31
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought a simcard at walmart and trying to switch from bell. But when i try to register this happened. 

edit: SIM invalid error, image removed.

9 REPLIES 9

@Meow wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@JL9 wrote:

Walmart is pretty resolving these kind of issues with their customers. May even throw something in for the inconvenience 

I find that Walmart has the worst customer service that I've ever experienced.

From what I have learned talking to phone/photo Walmart department, THAT department is 3rd party (independent company) renting Walmart space. In most cases calling any 'support' you get call centre reading pre-printed script answers.

Best way to deal with Walmart is in person.

You're right that the wireless department is run by a different company. I was only relaying my experiences with poor Walmart customer service (non mobile phone service related) as it was mentioned that Walmart goes out of their way to help.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@JL9 wrote:

Walmart is pretty resolving these kind of issues with their customers. May even throw something in for the inconvenience 

I find that Walmart has the worst customer service that I've ever experienced.

From what I have learned talking to phone/photo Walmart department, THAT department is 3rd party (independent company) renting Walmart space. In most cases calling any 'support' you get call centre reading pre-printed script answers.

Best way to deal with Walmart is in person.

@JL9 wrote:

I find that Walmart has the worst customer service that I've ever experienced.  Their online support will contantly give generic answer that don't answer the question, promise refunds that will never come, or tell you that something has been done but hasn't.  When you e-mail, they tell you to call. When you call, they tell you to e-mail.  E-mailing them usually results in no response and when they do, they tell you they've escalated the situation and that someone will call you back within 5 days. No one ever does - never fails that they don't.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

@arvin31 wrote:

edit: SIM invalid error, image removed.

@arvin31 

You still need to remove the image from your Community account.

It looks like a valid SIM number, the 19 digits look correct and passed the check digit test, look like an used card.  🙂

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@arvin31 Looks like the SIM card is indeed invalid. Make sure you are typing the last 9 digits correctly. If that doesn't work, you might wanna go back to Walmart to exchange. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@arvin31   Please delete your sim number.  You don't want to post your sim card number here.  Delete the pictures from:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/media/gallerypage/user-id/236306

hover your mouse over to the pic and click X to delete it

two things you can do

1, Open a ticket with PM Support to confirm if the SIM was used before

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

2. go back to Walmart and demand an exchange.  They could have used the SIM and gave you this "old" one by accident

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@arvin31 

Try using chrome or edge browser and clear the cache first and then go incognito.

You should delete your image of the sim number from your post.

Need Help? Let's chat.