cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Card fraud and waiting for ticket

sbinette
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I experienced SIM Card Fraud, ( my data was nearly all used within a few days of renewal). I ordered a ticket yesterday but have not received anything yet and I do not know where to look. I have interrupted the SIM card on my phone as well and did all what I am supposed to do. Any insights as to how this problem will be resolved? Thank you

6 REPLIES 6

Meow
Mayor / Maire

If you can receive calls and SMS and you can call and send SMS and people recognize your number, I could be that your phone is using data. If you keep data on all the time then a lot of app and OS just love to connect to internet no matter if you are on WiFi or not.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@sbinette - log into My Account and go to your Profile section. Check the SIM card number listed there and see if it matches the actual number listed on your SIM card that is in your phone.

If it matches, then it does not appear to be SIM Card Fraud.

If this was not SIM card fraud, then what made you think you ran out of data so quickly? From your My Account, from your phone device itself, other?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @sbinette   so, you still have your phone service?  this is not a sim card fraud.  If sim card fraud, you should have lost your phone service as the hacker would change the sim to theirs and yours would be useless

Look like it could be an app data leakage.  

Or it could be browser cache and you were reading cached page. 

Please login My Account again using Incognito/Private/Secret mode for most updated usage

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@sbinette 

First, are you sure that you are a victim of Sim card swap? 

If you were involved, you would have lost phone service suddenly.  You would not be able to call, text or use data.  Basically somebody has taken control of your phone.  

Here is some more information:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/get-help/articles/sim-swap-fraud

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@sbinette   Check the reply from the Community inbox, envelope icon here or https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage

if no reply still, please message them again for update

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@sbinette  Your reply to a ticket will be top of page envelope icon 

Need Help? Let's chat.