cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sign-in verification text sent to old (first number); although it's been changed to new number

Waj
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@CS_Agent 

hello good people, 

I am new customer of Public Mobile, barely a week or so.

here is the issue, I changed my First number that was assigned to this account to the new one that is easy to remember. today, i tried to log-in but the System sent the verification Text to first number instead of the new one. Therefore, I cannot sign-in using that method. I had the system sent verification code to registered email address. upon checking the profile, it does list the NEW (current) number. I signed out to test it again, but it keep sending Text to Older (first) number. 

May you advise the solution to this conundrum please?

6 REPLIES 6

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Waj   As others have said, you need to log in to your PM account using the email option for the code and then go to the Eversafe profile and change the phone number there to the new one.  For some reason when you change PM phone number the Eversafe profile doesn't automatically update and keeps sending the code to the previous number even though the PM profile shows the new one.  This happened to me when I changed numbers.

Waj

Jesus!! it worked.  thanks. 

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Try checking if eversafe has your new phone number.

Go to account, overview then profile. Click manage Eversafe ID and check if the new number is there. If it is then I’m not sure how to help you but you could try speaking to a CS agent.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Waj wrote:

I already mentioned that and used that to sign-in. I am concerned about why it is NOT sending it to current number ?  I need to rectify the issue where it SHOULD send the verification Text to current number.

@Waj , the ever-safe ID does not appear to track phone number changes in an account.  You will have to edit the number in the ever-safe ID database.  You can do this in your online account profile.  

Waj

I already mentioned that and used that to sign-in. I am concerned about why it is NOT sending it to current number ?  I need to rectify the issue where it SHOULD send the verification Text to current number.

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you sign on using a compter it will give you an option to send the code to your email address provided on file.

Need Help? Let's chat.