cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving SIM card

xxboarderxx
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@CS_Agent 

Hi, I signed up for the $34 20 GB plan 10 days ago and my email confirmation still says that my SIM card is in processing...my credit card has been charged. When will my SIM ship?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

xxboarderxx

@DennyCrane Ok, thank you for this helpful information, this is great to know. I will order a SIM from Amazon right now.

@xxboarderxx We know, but physical sim card orders off PM's website are notoriously slow. You can either sit around with no service for longer, or you can look at solving the problem now.

No, Telus/Koodo stores won't be able to help you with your PM account. However, the corporate stores carry stock of PM physical sims if you wanted to buy one in person. They won't help with activation though, and YMMV as to whether they have stock. The other option is Amazon, as noted.

Once you have a new sim in hand you can message PM and request a refund on the first order.

As far as I'm aware your plan doesn't start until you complete the activation, so I don't think (?) you need to worry about those lost days. Someone with more knowledge than me can confirm or refute that though.

xxboarderxx

Thanks Everyone. I already placed the order though. Is it possible to go to a Telus store in person to have them look into this matter or is Public Mobile strictly online only for customer service? I don't mind buying another SIM card as it is only $5 but my main issue is that I'm already on day 10 of my 30 day plan without service.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @xxboarderxx 

yes, sim card can take long to send from PM

how long as it been?  If it has been over 10 days, maybe submit a ticket with agent first, ask them the permission to let you buy from Telus or Koodo store in person and of course, ask them to reimburse you the extra sim card cost.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Do yourself a favour and order one from Amazon Prime for $5. They'll ship it right away. Then contact PM for a refund on the initial order. If the original ever arrives you'll have a backup, but that commonly takes upwards of 3 weeks. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@xxboarderxx 

message the CSA folks and ask that question...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

we know delivery could take  up to 3 weeks so suggest getting sim ffrom alternate source..ie Amazon.

Need Help? Let's chat.