cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should i switch to this plan?

G6q
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am on the Twenty Five dollar, One GB plan and since the price went up (even after the piddly points i will now get) i looked at other PM plans and saw one for Nineteen Dollars which seems to be about the same. Is it or am i going to lose something if i switch to it?

Here are the details:

Nineteen Dollars a month
One Gigabyte data at Four G speed
Four G speed up to One hundred megabit
Unlimited Canada wide minutes and messaging plus unlimited international text and picture messaging
Earn Ninety Five cents per month in points value with our Public Point

Also i have saved promos of international minutes and extra data from previous years Christmas giveaways i did not use up, will i lose them if i switch to this new plan?

TIA

26 REPLIES 26

@BKNS27 wrote:

@computergeek541 

Thanks, I just want to point out that some agents may not give the correct answer. In this example 3 different agents but the were members here that downgrade did not lose their More is Merrier bonus. 
In conclusion, alway better to check with Community members that have experience in solving questions.

Great job guys!

I'm trying to get clairfication on this, but I can tell you that I know for certain that More is Merrier add-ons do not have any conditions attached to them other than a compatible plan and active plan being needed to use them.

@computergeek541 

Thanks, I just want to point out that some agents may not give the correct answer. In this example 3 different agents but the were members here that downgrade did not lose their More is Merrier bonus. 
In conclusion, alway better to check with Community members that have experience in solving questions.

Great job guys!

@BKNS27 wrote:

@Phil_Adelphus @computergeek541 

I just got a reply from the agent Erick and he also stated that I will lose the More is Merrier bonus…it seems that some members here have confirmed that you will not lose the MiM bonus and 3 different agent gave me the incorrect answer. 

I am sorry, but you they are continuing to give you incorrect information.  This isn't something that I'm guessing about.  Let's remember there's no obligation for Public Mobile CSAs to be customers and I suspect that some may be unfamiliar with the details of some of these past free add-ons. This is rather unfortunate that such misinformation is be given to customers. 

I want to make this abolutely clear to anyone and all Commuity members:   Changing plans does not cause the loss of holiday add-ons given to customers in the past.  There was a potential issue that caused domestic data add-ons to becomne unusable/incompatible (plans that include unlimited data), but that no longer happens as those unlimited data plans are no longer offered to anyone who doesn't already have one of those plans.  Even for those cases, an incompatible data add-on was actually still on the account (didn't get removed - it just couldn't get used).

@Phil_Adelphus @computergeek541 

I just got a reply from the agent Erick and he also stated that I will lose the More is Merrier bonus…it seems that some members here have confirmed that you will not lose the MiM bonus and 3 different agent gave me the incorrect answer. 

@Dunkman wrote:

@G6q 

I have done multiple downgrades of plans in the last year and the XMAS holiday bonus add on always stayed after the change.  

As for the loyalty 50 GB data add on for the $25 plan, some customers have even reported that that add on also was available on the $19  1GB  plan afterwards.  YMMV though.  

I have also changed plans multiple times, including to lower priced plans. The holiday add-ons remain.  It's unfortunate that misinformation continues to confuse customers. 

I have assigned the correct solution to all of this to the very first response in this message thread.  I hope that this puts a rest to the confusion.

@Phil_Adelphus wrote:

@BKNS27  but I am waiting for a senior CS_Agent to confirm that the More is Merrier data and LD calling won't be lost.

I would be very surprised if they are lost, I've been on points all along and have dropped plan value a couple of times and I still have mine. 

They don't get lost.  There is zero basis for CSAs to think this.

@G6q wrote:

If you are unsure and want confirmation from PM directly,  use the chatbot to create a ticket. 

Ticket created, now the waiting game

Unforutnately, asking CSAs about this will only add unnecesary backlog.  The free holiday add-ons do not get removed upon any plan changes. This is already 100% confirmed.

@BKNS27 wrote:

@G6q 

I am getting different answers on the downgrade of the plan from agents and an Oracle.

I know that you will lose the bonus data for the switch to the 150gb Points Rewards but I am waiting for a senior CS_Agent to confirm that the More is Merrier data and LD calling won't be lost.

I will report back tomorrow once a senior agent reply back to confirm.

Any answer that you receive that you will lose December bonuses upon changing plans is incorrect.  The holiday add-ons have never had any additional conditions attached and were valid for customers on all plans.  

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@G6q 

I have done multiple downgrades of plans in the last year and the XMAS holiday bonus add on always stayed after the change.  

As for the loyalty 50 GB data add on for the $25 plan, some customers have even reported that that add on also was available on the $19  1GB  plan afterwards.  YMMV though.  

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@G6q you don't have to. I personally check day and night.  If you don't change plans often then there's no point in checking. Can cause your blood praise to spike😒.

I never change my plan, but I have to be in the know to assist here🤗.

@BKNS27  but I am waiting for a senior CS_Agent to confirm that the More is Merrier data and LD calling won't be lost.

I would be very surprised if they are lost, I've been on points all along and have dropped plan value a couple of times and I still have mine. 

smurfit
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I switched a relative to the $15 talk/text no data plan (before they changed it to new customers only - total jerk move PM). I can confirm they kept their holiday data and  LD addons but lost the 150day loyalty data bonus. Another total jerk move PM! You really need a new corporate leader or send the current one to ethics training camp.

G6q

@BKNS27 wrote:

@G6q 

I am getting different answers on the downgrade of the plan from agents and an Oracle.

I know that you will lose the bonus data for the switch to the 150gb Points Rewards but I am waiting for a senior CS_Agent to confirm that the More is Merrier data and LD calling won't be lost.

I also created a ticket to ask, i find it best to have these things in writing.

Do let us know what answer you get and i will do the same

G6q

If you are unsure and want confirmation from PM directly,  use the chatbot to create a ticket. 

Ticket created, now the waiting game

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@G6q 

G6q

@Sansan wrote:

👏 

So should i keep watching my account for new promos if they change that frequently?

G6q

No, you will not lose your Christmas bonues and add-on. Only the recent one in March for loyalty. 

Good idea, i shall do this.

G6q

@Sansan wrote:

@G6q here today, gone tomorrow.  Public Mobile adds, removes plans hourly,  daily. It could be gone tomorrow.  

If accept it today and click Change on Renewal,  you finish your current plan then it will switch on June 22 automatically. 

If you wait untill June 22, it might not be there. If you change Now, you won't get the difference $$.

If accpet today to change on Renewal and something better comes before June 22, you can always cancel the upcoming change and accept that. 

Cool

@Sansan wrote:

@G6q here today, gone tomorrow.  Public Mobile adds, removes plans hourly,  daily. It could be gone tomorrow.  

What?!?!

Thats ridiculous. Okay, i am doing it now and setting for upon renewal date

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

If  you accept it today and click Change on Renewal,  you finish your current plan, and then it will switch on June 22 automatically. 

If you wait until June 22, it might not be there. If you Change Now, you won't get the difference $$ back. But you are free to do so, we are just advising you how to save $$.

If you accpet today to Change on Renewal and something better comes before June 22, you can always cancel the upcoming change and accept that new offer.

No, you will not lose your Christmas bonues and add-on. Only the recent one in March for loyalty. 

G6q

@softech wrote:

@G6q Pretty sure you won't lose your Christmas bonuses 

For plan change, please choose Change on Renewal option to schedule a plan change. Don't use Change Now as PM won't provide partial refund on early plan change 

If the Christmas bonuses do vanish can i get them to reinstate them?

Also if i make the change right now and choose change on renewal (renewal is 22nd of next month) can i cancel it before the change happens if i want to?

Also if there is an even better promo later can i change to that or do they not allow frequent changes?

G6q

Do it now if your going to do it.  Here today, gone....

How so?

@G6q Pretty sure you won't lose your Christmas bonuses 

For plan change, please choose Change on Renewal option to schedule a plan change. Don't use Change Now as PM won't provide partial refund on early plan change 

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@G6q  based on the plan you are currently on, it makes sense to change to the $ 19 1GB plan. You are basically paying the $6 more, for the same thing but this is at 4G speed.

Make sure to click Change on Renewal,  so that you finish your current plan as there are no prorated credits. 

They will take back the bonus data given recently but, it probably won't matter anyway. The savings outweighs that.

Do it now if your going to do it.  Here today, gone....

G6q

@softech wrote:

@G6q yes, you should definitely change to the $19 1GB plan.  Basically you get back the savings you lost from the rewards system change, and you get a speed, from a top speed of 3mbps on the old plan to the new 100mbps

as to the add-on, you won't lose any of the data and LD addon you got from previous Christmas 

only one you might lose is that special 150 days Loyalty data bonus you got in March 

Funny about losing 150GB "loyalty", though i don;t care about that.

Are you sure the Christmas bonuses won't be lost and if they are can that be fixed?

Finally it had an option so switch now or next billing period, any reason to not switch now?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@G6q yes, you should definitely change to the $19 1GB plan.  Basically you get back the savings you lost from the rewards system change, and you get a speed, from a top speed of 3mbps on the old plan to the new 100mbps

as to the add-on, you won't lose any of the data and LD addon you got from previous Christmas 

only one you might lose is that special 150 days Loyalty data bonus you got in March 

Need Help? Let's chat.