cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trasnfer landline number

crocobaur
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I created an account and selected to transfer an existing number, which is a landline number.
During the transfer process, a verification code is sent to the landline number, which cannot receive messages, so I'm stuck.
When I try to access my Public Mobile account, a verification code is sent again to the landline number, again, I cannot receive messages to the landline number.

17 REPLIES 17

thanks for the update @crocobaur 

yes, trasnfer from landline takes a bit longer.  4 calendar days is the average time, some had it as long as 7 working days

crocobaur

Update:
The landline number was transferred in 4 calendar days (2 business days).
I can send/receive text messages and I get 2fa/mfa codes as text.

Rastin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

So landlines can receive 2fa but it normal comes a voice message that you need to enter on what ever device that need the code. They can also receive text as well it gets converted to ai speech.But it all depends on who sending the 2fa request or text. Also once a bell landline is transferred to a cell it becomes a cell number in its own right. As I have one from bell now and have not run into any restrictions from it being originally a landline. Can send a receive text and receive 2fa by text as well. So I don't see them having a problem one it's up and running.

@crocobaur wrote:

@YummyI don't understand what you mean. After the number is transferred, it will be on a cell phone, so I assume I will be able to receive SMS messages.

Phone number being on mobile does not mean it will be 'mobile number'.

Here is an example:
This is REAL land line:

Yummy_0-1716655184995.png

This is Bell MOBILE:

Yummy_1-1716655262711.png

Companies sending 2FA will recognize 905-882-xxxx as land line and will not send 2FA on that number.
Companies sending 2FA will recognize 905-236-xxxx as MOBILE number and Will send 2FA to it.

So far I did not hear opposite - that your 'land number' transferred to mobile device can receive 2FA thus I am holding my land line porting to PM.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Have you tried the SIM card in another phone? Not for the transfer reasons but to @Dunkman point of making sure the service works first with a temporary number. If you have a spare phone or someone you can borrow a phone from for a few minutes, turn off the phone, insert SIM, reboot.

crocobaur

@YummyI don't understand what you mean. After the number is transferred, it will be on a cell phone, so I assume I will be able to receive SMS messages.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

@crocobaur 

Are you 100% you will be able to receive 2FA in the future on your mobile device having land line number???

@crocobaur wrote:

@DunkmanThank you for your answers.
I rebooted the phone and still no service.
I already tried to contact a customer service agent and that seems to be a chatbot service that only replies with precooked answers. Is there a way to contact a customer service human agent?

@crocobaur 

If the ticketing system is not working, send a private message to CSA through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

You can ask customer service agent if they can set up a temporary number, etc.

crocobaur

Is there a way to go back and activate my account with a temporary number?

crocobaur

@RastinThank you for your answer. I'm worried because I could not finish the transfer process, so the account doesn't seem to be activated. But I cannot check anything, because I can't receive that verification code on the landline number.

crocobaur

@DunkmanThank you for your answers.
I rebooted the phone and still no service.
I already tried to contact a customer service agent and that seems to be a chatbot service that only replies with precooked answers. Is there a way to contact a customer service human agent?

Usually, I would recommend a new customer activate a new temporary phone number with Public mobile.  Get the service working.  Then via the self service account request a landline port.  As your wait for the port to be completed (ie. several days), at least the customer will have some mobile service with the temp number. 

Rastin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Land lines take about 5 days to transfer. When I did it it took bell 4 days to call me to approve the transfer and 1 more to do it.

@crocobaur 

Try to reboot the phone and see if any service. 

If not, you will need to contact customer service agent to check status of account and port. 

crocobaur

I used a physical SIM card. It's in the phone and I don't have any service.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@crocobaur 

From my understanding, landlines transfer do not need a verification code since landlines can't receive texts.  However, landlines do take several days for the port to be completed.  Mobile line transfers take up to a few hours, but landline/VoiP lines take several days.  

Did you activate a physical SIM or eSIM?  If physical card, try to insert into your phone to see if any service. 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello.

First find out if the number is eligible to move.

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do

If it is, please create a ticket to transfer it over.

To Submit a ticket, please click the following link to access the Public Mobile Chatbot:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type: Customer Service Agent

Chalupa_Batman_1-1716648380886.png

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: I am not a Public Mobile employee. I am a customer just like you. Please do not send me a private message with your personal information. 

Need Help? Let's chat.