cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up a new account

JuneBug1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I set up a new account

Do I have to get sim  activate it and then I chose plan and set up an account?

3 REPLIES 3

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@JuneBug1 

To activate you will need the following info....

• The Sim card #.
  • An email address. (If you ordered a CPO PM phone for the $30 credit then the email used for the phone order.)
  • Either a credit/debit card #, expiry, CVV and the billing address's postal code.
  • Choose a temporary phone number from Alberta to pay only gst on the plan amount. You can change the phone number or port in afterwards thru the change number feature in the self serve account.
  • 12MONTHS2GB should still work for the promocode box for $25+plans.
  • Your referral code for the referral code box for your $10  bonus credit.
  • Take screenshots of each activation page and the transaction summary.
  • Have a password and 4 digit account PIN # chosen ahead of time and written down along with the correct spelling of the email address.
  • A tasty beverage in case you get dry mouth from being nervous to activate.

Unsolicited referral codes are against the community's terms of service and should not be used but rather reported. Instead if you need one simply choose a member of the community you like and send them a message asking them to be your friend....lol....and ask them for their referral code. They will be happy to oblige.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@JuneBug1 yes, you need to start with a sim card.  Get it from local Telus or Koodo store 

When you are ready, go to activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the steps to self activate.    Make sure you have a credit card handy and you know which plan to pick

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@JuneBug1 hi yes you pick a plan activate your sim and your account is activated for you after payment ,also you can transfer a number from another provider if you like 

Need Help? Let's chat.