cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service on hold

Shaw
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm going overseas for couple of months. While I am away, can I put my account on hold?

10 REPLIES 10

Yes, I know autopay won't automatically reactive the service @Anonymous - they'll have to manually pay. (using the card on file hopefully)

All I meant was they won't have to amend / disable auto-pay or remove the payment card and be concerned with inputting the information all over again. (which some people might do to be certain no charges will occur...)

Yes, we are saying the same thing - i think.  🤔

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HALIMACS : Autopay will not trigger upon Resuming. The plan has to be paid for manually to reactivate. I also like the idea of Suspending just after midnight ET to get the rewards. darlicious likes suspending before to get the voicemail.

I stepped away and came back to finish and maybe we're really saying pretty much the same thing. 🙂

Yup @Anonymous , one would need to reactivate a new 30-day cycle if exceeding the time remaining of current cycle.

An important distinction which also applies when simply letting account go into suspended status.   I'm just trying to have OP avoid having to bother doing anything with auto-pay.  Thanks 😉

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Shaw wrote:

I'm going overseas for couple of months. While I am away, can I put my account on hold?

Couple of months should be okay with lost/stolen phone option.

No need to remove autopay and credit card info but always a good move for accidental charges. 

Lost/stolen phone suspend your account rightaway so do it on the day you are leaving Canada. 

If you stay over your planned couple of months make sure by putting a reminder to reactivate your account around  85 days and that time if you plan to stay more change your plan to minimum plan($15) and in a week or so do the stolen/lost thing again for another 85 days. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Shaw 

Here are your options for suspending your service while you are away....

1. You can turn off autopay and allow the account to suspend at the of your current 30 day cycle but this is your least advantageous option. Pay and reactivate by day 85 or so.
  2. If you have an account balance that exceeds your plan amount then you need to suspend via the lost/stolen feature in your account before midnight eastern on the evening of your renewal. Then on day 85 or so resume your service to pay and reactivate.
  3. Suspending via lost/stolen before midnight eastern will keep your voicemail active allowing you retrieve voicemail and any verification sent by phone calls. However your rewards will not be applied to your account. CSA contact after paying and reactivating is necessary to have the rewards applied manually.
  4. Voicemail can be accessed by calling your pm number from a different phone by calling your phone # and pressing * once connected and entering your 4 digit voicemail pin #.
  5. If you don't have an account balance or enough balance to cover your plan amount you can suspend via lost/stolen after midnight but before 2 am eastern on the day of your renewal. Once your rewards have been applied (usually by 12:15 am et) then suspend your account. Voicemail access will be lost.
  6. Switching to the $15 plan with rewards helping to cover a partial or full amount of your plan allows you to call forward your pm number to your fongo number  before you leave Canada.. Now any incoming calling to your pm number will ring thru to your fongo number while on wifi or mobile data (w/a local or global sim card) You can access your fongo voicemail for all voicemail messages.

Most important mark on your calendar day 85 of your suspension and day 90. Do not forget when you must unsuspend your account via lost/stolen and/or pay and reactivate your service so you don't lose your phone number and account. Happy travels and Stay--Safe!

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Shaw   If it is within 90 days, it is easy, just disable Autopay.  At the end of your current cycle, your account will be suspended due to non-payment.  Then you can reactivate when you are back

If you are away from longer than 90 days , then you can still disable Autopay , but you have to remember to login at around 85th day after the account goes into suspension and reactivate the account for at least 30 days, and then repeat this (let the account goes in the suspension and pay at 85th day)  until you are back.  But if you fail to come back and reactivate before 90th day after suspension, you will loss your phone number

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shaw : as above from Meow except really actually 120 days. You pay, you have an active plan for 30 days, then you don't pay, you have 90 days to reactivate. So you pay every ~4 months. But in your case you'll be fine. If you have a balance of more than your plan cost then you'll also need to use the Lost/stolen function to suspend your account so it doesn't renew from that available balance.

There's no strategy for suspending before your 30 days paid term as there is no pro-rating here. So if you don't have enough balance then just toggle off autopay and remove the card (just in case) and the account will suspend for lack of payment. The 90 day clock starts. Reactivate a day or three before then though in case of any difficulties. But again in your case you'll be back by then.

Edit: @HALIMACS : Not quite. Resuming service after the already paid 30 days will do nothing. A new 30 days has to be paid to reactivate. Resuming before those 30 days will just start it up again and go on for the remainder of the already paid 30 days.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Shaw 

You can also use the lost/stolen function (in Self Serve) which will put your account in a suspended state.

Assuming you are returning within 90 days, it's just a matter of removing the lost/stolen status upon your return. (EDIT: and then paying plan amount to resume service afterwards if beyond current cycle upon your return... )

Meow
Mayor / Maire

- Remove autopay

- To be 100% sure you will not be charged, remove credit card info.

- On next renewal your account will be suspended for no payment (assuming your current acc. balance is $0).

- Your account can be suspended for 90 days and on day 91 it will be deleted, number lost.

If you log in to your self-serving account at around 88th day and pay/reactivate your plan you will be good for another 90 days.

Need Help? Let's chat.