cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop Paying

aminkhoram
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need to keep my public mobile simcard (which is prepaid) and just receive the incoming calls and messages. I do not want to pay the monthly fees anymore. Is it just enough to deactivate the pre-authorized payment in my account? How can I remove my credit card from my account?

7 REPLIES 7

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@aminkhoram 

If you want free calling and texting then use WhatsApp or TextNow app.

There will be no service if you stop payment so to stop payment. Login to your account and disable AutoPay and remove your CC information. Nonpayment for longer than 90 days, your account will be closed, SIM will be useless and number is lost.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@aminkhoram  how can you keep some service but not paying?

Won't happen with PM

But you do have an option.  Port out your number to a VoIP provider Fongo.  Port in fee is $25 and no charge after.  You can port the number out to another mobile provider later if you need.  If you have been with Fongo for 3 months, port out charge will be free

You can stil make and receive calls and "regular" texts for fee on the Fongo app using the same phone number as long as you have Wifi (assuming you are not paying any provider for Mobile Data) Please be aware that you might not be able to receive some 2FA text with Fongo

That is as "free" as you can get if you don't want to pay 🙂

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@aminkhoram wrote:

I need to keep my public mobile simcard (which is prepaid) and just receive the incoming calls and messages. I do not want to pay the monthly fees anymore. Is it just enough to deactivate the pre-authorized payment in my account? How can I remove my credit card from my account?

@aminkhoram 

If you ONLY wish to receive incoming calls and messages, and do not wish to pay monthly fees to Public Mobile, if you have a reliable Wi-Fi connection, you could use iMessage or FaceTime (if using an iPhone) or Whatsapp or other VoIP based service if using and Android device.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

And your SIM card will become redundant. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

As mentioned, if you don't pay, your PM service will completely stop.  Unable to receive any incoming calls or messages.  If your account is suspended more than 90 days, your account will be permanently closed and your phone number lost.  

No mobile company will offer free incoming call or messages.  

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

No pay = out of service. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@aminkhoram  Yes but it’s take 90 days after disabled auto pay otherwise you need support to remove cc info right away 

while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message to our  CS_Agents by clicking here.

Need Help? Let's chat.