Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service not working in USA

Ghosted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@CS_Agent 

hello, 

I just switched plans to USA AND Canada And recently went to USA and had no service. I missed out on business opportunities. This is not acceptable 

13 REPLIES 13

DerNachbar

Not at all. No, sir. Idk what makes you thinking that.

PM_5G
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@DerNachbar your post makes no sense and irrelevant to thread...
Possibly meant for another thread and was misposted?

DerNachbar

Funny to see how answers don't help him. Works only 4G in one answer, need to upgrade phone to 5G otherwise it's not working the other answer. Turn data roaming on even though OP said it's on and even worked for 30 mins. That's why a reachable CS is worth a few extra bucks I guess. No, I'm not a customer because PM CS doesn't care to answer questions before bringing numbers over. And it seems like it's for a good cause. 🤷🏻‍♂️ And all this in 2024.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Change your preferred network setting on your phone from 5G to 4G. AT&T 5G doesn't work for PM customers who are roaming.

PM_5G

Suggest popping across the border if possible to test and make sure US set up works before any big trip. It's tough to fix issues when you can't access a network but WiFi is abundant....

Sushi_Combo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The process should be seamless, hopefully this isn't a widespread issue. 

PM_5G

Data Roaming MUST Be Enabled / Network Operators in Auto / Phone Rebooted!

Android Settings Location

Settings / Connections / Mobile Networks / Data Roaming

Settings/Connections/Network Operators - Auto

I had similar concerns / questions about the Canada / US Promotional Plans...
Collected all the info and posted clarifications I received...
Click below and many of your questions should be addressed and answered!

**** !!! Click Here and Check out My Post on Canada / US Plans !!! *** 

@Ghosted are you still on US now??  did you try to manually connect to both T-Mobile and At&T?? And you tried only 4G LTE and not 5G??

@Ghosted  As already mentioned there was an AT&T outage the other day and it also affected other US carriers.  But if not that, what phone do you have, is it VoLTE capable/enabled?  If not the phone will have voice call problems because the USA no longer has any 3G for a non-VoLTE phone to fall back to. A non VoLTE phone can still connect to T-Mobile's 2G network where available but that will be shut down in a month's time.  If not a lack of VoLTE then connect to 4G/LTE instead of 5G because AT&T's 5G has issues.  Or try T-Mobile instead.  Those are the only two US carriers that partner with Public Mobile.

If you want to inform Public Mobile of your issue you will need to contact customer service using this link

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

An agent will reply at the envelope icon top right or tap your avatar for Messages if no envelope. 

The problem is most likely a phone or settings issue but hard to troubleshoot unless you are still in the USA.  

Tsho

I ran into this last year because my phone was not 5G compatible. I upgraded to iPhone 12 and I’m hoping that solves the issue. Do you know if your phone is 5G?

Ghosted

Hi it was on, I had service for like 30 min data, calling texting and then it all stopped 

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Make sure roaming is turned on in Settings.

Please note that if your phone is not VoLTE enabled you may run into issues as the 3G network has been shut down in the United States.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Ghosted 

Just wondering if the Roaming setting is enabled because it should work if you have the Canada/USA plan.

Maybe reboot your phone and manually connect to T-Mobile network because there was a massive AT&T the other day but AT&T should be fine now.

Need Help? Let's chat.