cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service not consistently working

DocVW
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Had the same issue occasionally with my old phone, and occasionally with my new phone (6 months ago), lately more often, almost daily.

The issue is two fold, making and receiving calls. When receiving a call my phone will ring, I'll swipe to answer it and I cannot hear the other party even if they call me back. Restarting the phone fixes it temporarily. 

Calling is similar, I call out a number and when working you hear a sound like a connection tones and calls go through with ringing until answered by the other party, when not working there are no tones or ringing so sounds like dead air BUT calls do go through and party can hear me but I hear nothing and figure call didn't connect.

Very frustrating to be unable to answer calls or make calls, not going too reboot my phone 20 times a day. Phone is a Samsung Galaxy A52 fully patched and up to date

11 REPLIES 11

DocVW

SM-A525M/DS.

Works 99% of the time, just happening more last couple days. I live near water between 2 Telus towers. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@dabr - HAHA, what?!    did that on mobile. Not what I remember it said when I posted it.

Thanks, I'll fix it.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@DocVW    Does seem like it's a device issue.  Are you able to try your SIM in another compatible phone for a few days to rule out a device issue?    edit:  nvd, see that you've already done that..

@esjliv   lol...Simon Charlotte?  😁

edit:  @DocVW   BTW, if you haven't contacted support yet and need to submit a ticket via chatbot (SIMon), use this link:  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I don't think any of the A52's would miss the two 3G talk bands. I'm sure the phone is fine in that regard.

Is it maybe possible your bluetooth is on and connected to something? Heck...volume? 🙂

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

That'd be pretty annoying @DocVW .

Seeing as issues continue even through different phones,I'd ask CSA if your area has had any tower / network issues. 

Submit a ticket through Simon Chatbot at bottom of page. Or search help articles for 'customer support' methods. 

edit typo

@DocVW International version of Samsung phones usually lacks some bands and it could be the issue with the voice problem.    It will work, but it lacks the band and data or voice might not work as well as a North American version. 

What exact model is your phone? not just A52, but the actual model number.  Check About from Settings on your phone.  I will try to lookup the bands on that particular model

DocVW

Ontario, near Belle River

DocVW

My phone is the "international version" but purchased off Amazon Canada and has worked for the most part nearly perfect. The unable to answer calls was yesterday and today. Outgoing call issues has been consistent over last 3 phones, Purchased from Telus new Samsung S8, Huawei P20 pro (purchased through public mobile recertified) and now this one. Made 3G setting change as already suggested. Will test, don't really make or receive a lot of calls so make take some time to confirm

DocVW

I'll try that but only time will tell, thanks for the suggestion

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@DocVW is your A52 from Canada or you got it overseas?

Which province or city you are at?

Try to change your Preferred settings to 3G Only (or WCDMA only) for couple days and see if it helps

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@DocVW  try net work setting on 3G and see if that helps 

Need Help? Let's chat.