cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serious problems with returning phone

doulaonthedrive
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I purchased a phone on June 5th and was sent the wrong colour and it was also defective (it turns off randomly while I'm using it...sometimes in the middle of a phone call).

I tried to contact public mobile to return it but did not get a response. After finally figuring out how to get a ticket issued etc, I was able to connect with an agent who sent out a return package so that i could do an exchange. However, the UPS package never arrived and was apparently returned to Public Mobile.

After much back and forth, another agent told me a new return package would be sent out (that was about a month ago). It has also not arrived yet and no one has been able to give me the tracking number for the new package (the last agent just sent me the tracking number for the original return packege).

I am consisering just diputing the charge on my credit card at this point since there seems to be no efficient way for me to exchange thios defective phone! Any thoughts??

17 REPLIES 17

@doulaonthedrive 

contact PM support team by private message CS_Agent  with photo return receipt information to them know, you did returned.

@doulaonthedrive Hi you can’t rush Canada Post lol you sent it in plenty of time they go by the date it’s shipped ☺️

doulaonthedrive

I FINALLY got the return mailer package and sent back the defective phone that I had purchased. However, Canada Post is saying that the expected date of delivery is September 14th. The instruction package says that I have 14 days to return the phone. Isn't this cutting it a little close??? I sent the phone back the day after I received the return package (September 1st). Has anyone had any *positive* experiences with this because I really need to hear them right now:/

doulaonthedrive

Yeah I know. I went with the very good condition. I would have went with great but they didn't have 128GB in "great" condition.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@cellphoneuser1 

It seems PM puts on one really good deal and then the rest are okay..... No loss leaders like the spring sale when I got a free phone with my new SIM card!!🤪

@doulaonthedrive wrote:

Lol. The iPhone XR is the phone that I had purchased (128GB). I just noticed today that that same phone is $160 less than what I paid for it so I am feeling extra salty about this whole experience at the moment:/  

When you bught it, did you take the very good or great condition? The lowers prices are for worse comsmetics.

@darlicious wrote:

@doulaonthedrive 

Purchase it again. (Lol...get them to add the return shipping envelope for the defective phone to your order!!) You are doing a return for refund anyways. Look at this as it was meant to be so you would end up saving $160+$30=$190 on your phone. Just make sure the email you use for the new purchase matches your self serve account so you get the $30 bill credit.

I always find when a bad glitch happens at pm it's followed by a good glitch. 

Don't wait too long....good deals sell out fast.

What good deals except the iPhone XR? I'm sort of surprised that they have it priced ok because prices aren't usually good.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@doulaonthedrive 

Purchase it again. (Lol...get them to add the return shipping envelope for the defective phone to your order!!) You are doing a return for refund anyways. Look at this as it was meant to be so you would end up saving $160+$30=$190 on your phone. Just make sure the email you use for the new purchase matches your self serve account so you get the $30 bill credit.

I always find when a bad glitch happens at pm it's followed by a good glitch. 

Don't wait too long....good deals sell out fast.

doulaonthedrive

Lol. The iPhone XR is the phone that I had purchased (128GB). I just noticed today that that same phone is $160 less than what I paid for it so I am feeling extra salty about this whole experience at the moment:/  

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@doulaonthedrive 

Which phone do you currently have? I know you're dissatisfied with the phone you have but you may want to check out the current sale and promotion on currently. The Apple iPhone XR is $160 off priced at $279. Add in the extra $30 account credit public Mobile is offering right now and that brings it down to $249. If it's Android you want the Samsung S10 is $30 off at $369. Or $339 after the bill credit something you may want to look into.

Screenshot_20220824-151907.png

 Edit: corrected image.

doulaonthedrive

No, not until after it was on it's way back to PM. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@doulaonthedrive 

Third time lucky? Contact customer support yet again and give them your first 2 ticket reference #'s and an explanation of the issues so far. Ask for another return package to be sent out but include the original shipping info of your phone (name, email, order # and original shipping address) and ask that once sent to send you the tracking # to your email and to your private messages to confirm it's been sent, the shipper and the tracking # so you can ensure you are available to receive it as Canada post and UPS have different delivery criteria so you can be prepared to receive delivery or pick it up.

I suggest you send a private message so you can include all the necessary info and a detailed message. You should receive a reply within the hour. (Yesterday replies averaged 10 minutes.) Good Luck!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@doulaonthedrive 

Did the CSA send you the tracking number for you to track the "return package"?

doulaonthedrive

Yeah, that is my only hesitation.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

It looks like you are able to get in touch with the agent (somehow).

I would suggest to try one more time. Send agent a note and CC: PM manager.

I am not how charge dispute works at this sales point so be very careful. I know if you dispute charge (chargeback) regarding PM service (Plan, overcharged, etc.) then this will happen:

Chargeback (reverse payment by the Bank) leads to immediate account suspensions, refusal to allow credit card payments and 12 months of self-serve log-in privileges suspended.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Well that sucks @doulaonthedrive. Be persistent with the CSAs, they are not always as on top of such things as you may like them to be.

Keep those messages of when you inquired, and use them to connect with new agents, or ask for supervisors to review your case.

Sure, you could dispute the charge with public.your credit card company....But be aware, if you have this card connected with any current public mobile accounts it may stop service on (disable) these accounts in doing this.

edit correction above

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@doulaonthedrive 

resend private message CS_Agent 

Need Help? Let's chat.