cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S7 status bar showing provider?

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Is there a way for provider's name (PM) to be shown on Status Bar on Samsung S7?

It will be helpful to quickly know when phone is connected to network having PM name there and not looking for tiny signal symbol.

15 REPLIES 15

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Oh, thanks @softech, I did not know that because I don't use QuickStar personally.

The dev team is kinda slow with updates and fixes imo, but they're a part of Samsung so I'm sure this bug will get sorted out...eventually...lol

@fujiyama I don't think QuickStar has the option.

I have actually been using it.

it has Homescreen: Show network information on the idle

Lockscreen : Show Network information on the keyguard

I turned on both, the Lockscreen did show the Network name but not the Homescreen.. at least not on the status bar on top

I think the first option ( Homescreen: Show network information on the idle) supposed to work , but I see people on the Samsung Community complaining that option did nothing .. so, it might be a bug

fujiyama

There's an app on the Galaxy Store called QuickStar that gives you this option.

Link to app here. 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

My Moto E4 shows provider's name in status bar. It looks like it depends on a phone's brand.

@Anonymous wrote:

My Samsung A31 running A11 shows the carrier when I pull down from the top for those quick buttons. It's (they're) at the bottom. I don't have a SIM in my S7 at the moment.

Yes I now, when I pull down from the top, Public Mobile appears on the bottom. Not that handy but at least something. I thought there is some kind of secret setting in developer's mode or regular settings.

But thanks everybody for comments and suggestions. At least I am not alone in missing some handy features.

@softech wrote:

@dabr . but i guess there is one thing in  common. .Samsung does not like to have the carrier brands on the status bar for any of its models  🙂

@softech   Perhaps not on the status bar but I know I've seen the name on the lockscreen on another Samsung model though, just the S7 doesn't show it anywhere.

@dabr . but i guess there is one thing in  common. .Samsung does not like to have the carrier brands on the status bar for any of its models  🙂

@Meow   I'd agree with @softech that it seems to depend on the model.   On one household member that has the S7, I don't see PM in the status bar (pulled down/not), nor on the lock screen.

It really depends on the model,   Both S21 and Note 9 doesn't have that with the pull down. But it does show on the  lock screen

Anonymous
Not applicable

My Samsung A31 running A11 shows the carrier when I pull down from the top for those quick buttons. It's (they're) at the bottom. I don't have a SIM in my S7 at the moment.

LeePublic

@Meow  I think the carrier name not being shown in the status bar generally applies to most modern Android phones. Though, you can download a 3rd party launcher that has the ability to show the carrier name. I remember some old Androids locked to carriers like the Moto G 1st gen. (Launched in 2013) may have shown the carrier name. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Meow you know what..  it might be something that Samsung purposed hide from the status bar. I just checked 3 Samsung phones and they don't have that on the status bar. 

However,  it is on the lock screen.  not sure if this is good for your purpose

@softech wrote:

is this an S7 issue? seems like it is common.  I see people asking it, too

this page suggest to use an app for showing the network :

https://www.solvemix.com/index.php/en/android-smartphones/samsung-galaxy-s7-how-to-show-network-oper...

Thank you @softech for suggestion but I am sure I saw provider's name on top bar before (maybe not on my phone??) without 3rd party apps.

Let me do some more digging to confirm that. Thanks anyway!

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Meow wrote:

Is there a way for provider's name (PM) to be shown on Status Bar on Samsung S7?

It will be helpful to quickly know when phone is connected to network having PM name there and not looking for tiny signal symbol.

Not sure if this helps...let us know.....

Go to Settings > Mobile Networks.
Tap on Network Mode.Select the second WCDMA/GSM (auto connect) option.

Then select Network operators and tap Search networks.

Once the search is complete, select your Carrier. Test your device.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

is this an S7 issue? seems like it is common.  I see people asking it, too

this page suggest to use an app for showing the network :

https://www.solvemix.com/index.php/en/android-smartphones/samsung-galaxy-s7-how-to-show-network-oper...

Need Help? Let's chat.