cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy A15 and Public Mobile Network - What might be my hurdles?

KatMacNeil
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all PM family!  I'm in the market for a new phone.  This is what I found: SAMSUNG Galaxy A15 5G Dual SIM (128GB, 2024) 6.5" 90Hz AMOLED, 50MP Camera, 4G Volte (Fully Unlocked International Model) and I'm really "green" with all the new stuff as my phone is 12 years old.  So a few questions:
1. Will this work on the PM net work?
2. Can I take my SIM card from my old phone and put in this new one?
3. Do I have to change my plan? I'm currently $25/mo with 3G speed?

Sorry for all the Qs but I'm looking for a decent budget phone. Thanks all in advance

5 REPLIES 5

KatMacNeil
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for this. First step is Canadian Version.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@KatMacNeil   2.  Yes you can take your sim card from your old phone and put it in the new one.  If you old one is not nano sim (I think A15 is nano?) you will need to remove the outer spacers for it to fit.

3.  You don't have to change your plan but you might want to regardless since there is now a $19 plan with 1GB data at 4G speed, so basically the same as you have but 4G instead of 3G.

I'm not sure if the phone will get VoLTE on Public Mobile.  It's not on the published list but that might be because it is newer as we know the list is not updated, but whether being the international version will affect that I don't know.  If you travel to the USA much VoLTE is important as there is no 3G there any more.  

PM's VoLTE list

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/volte 

slusagm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@KatMacNeil 

internation version will work.

but as an FYI, the internation version is different from the one sold in Canada, it has different bands.  AFAIK, it won't work with Freedom, but would work with PM

Rastin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have the Canadian version of that phone and it works fine on pm. As for changing your plan I would to the 19$ 1 gig plan and save 6$ a month as it's the same plan with 4g instead of 3g. As for the sim just take it out and put it in the new one

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @KatMacNeil 

A15 will work 

but yours is an international version, it won't be as good as a Canadian model as Canadian model will have better compatible bands.  If you have not bought yet, check for Canadian version

Need Help? Let's chat.