cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STOP MY PLAN

ellery
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, i left Canada almost 1 month already, i wanna stop my plan but keep my number. 

But i dont know how to process it. 

Can you give me a hand for this case? 

Thank you so much and have a good weekend.

8 REPLIES 8

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ellery 

I do not recommend removing your payment card details in case you have trouble adding them again when it comes the time to pay and reactivate to avoid losing your account/phone number. Assuming you are on the old rewards program that is much better than the new points program porting out to a voip would mean you would lose this benefit as well as any grandfathered plan you may be on or any promotions you may have. My preference is to use lost/stolen to suspend your service. Here are your options....

Spoiler
  1. You can turn off autopay and allow the account to suspend at the of your current 30 day cycle but this is your least advantageous option. Pay and reactivate by day 85 or so.
  2. If you have an account balance that exceeds your plan amount then you need to suspend via the lost/stolen feature in your account before midnight eastern on the evening of your renewal. Then on day 85 or so resume your service to pay and reactivate.
  3. Suspending via lost/stolen before midnight eastern will keep your voicemail active allowing you retrieve voicemail and any verification sent by phone calls. However your rewards will not be applied to your account. Moderator/CSA contact after paying and reactivating is necessary to have the rewards applied manually.
  4. Voicemail can be accessed by calling your pm number from a different phone by calling your phone # and pressing * once connected and entering your 4 digit voicemail pin #.
  5. If you don't have an account balance or enough balance to cover your plan amount you can suspend via lost/stolen after midnight but before 2 am eastern on the day of your renewal. Once your rewards have been applied (usually by 12:15 am et) then suspend your account. Voicemail access will be lost.
  6. Switching to the $15 plan with rewards helping to cover a partial or full amount of your plan allows you to call forward your pm number to your fongo number  before you leave Canada.. Now any incoming calling to your pm number will ring thru to your fongo number while on wifi or mobile data (w/a local or global sim card) You can access your fongo voicemail for all voicemail messages.

Most important mark on your calendar day 85 of your suspension and day 90. Do not forget when you must unsuspend your account via lost/stolen and/or pay and reactivate your service so you don't lose your phone number and account. Happy travels and Stay--Safe!

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@ellery 

How long will you be away from Canada? If it is less than 90 days, just remove AutoPay and CC information.

If you can’t make it back after 90 days, your number will be lost and account closed unless you switch to a $15 plan so you can retain everything.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

- Downgrade plan to $15

- Remove autopay

- Remove credit card info (just in case)

On next renewal your account will be suspended due to no pay. You will have 90 days to reactivate plan. Log in around 88th day, add funds to account or manually pay for the next month and you will be good for another 90 days of no service BUT will keep your number and account.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Spudster   the suspend for 90 days trick is good but troublesome for people as you MUST reactivated within 90 days.   Again, around 85th days is the best as it gives you time if you have trouble with payment

How long you will leave Canada for?  If you are going to leave for over a year, you might think to port out to a VoIP provider to park the number for free (or a one time small fee).  However, since you left Canada already, depends if your PM SIM is now in Canada and if some friends can help you with the porting.    But with this solution , you save more $ and save the trouble about reactivating every 90 days

ellery

Thank youuuuuu

ellery

Thank youuuu

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Login to your self serve and use lost/stolen phone link to suspend the account.

when was your last renewal?

Make sure you come back to reactivate after 85 days or so cos after 90 days your number is cancelled and account closed. 

Remove your autopay if you want to make sure that you are taken off the list.

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Simple @ellery 

Let the plan expire, after it suspends, you'll have 90 days before it becomes permanently deactivated.  If you're gone LONGER than that from the date it is suspended (login to self-serve to see), you need to reactivate on the cheapest plan $15 to prevent it from being lost.

Once you're back, simply process a payment to get it going again, and you'll retain the same number.

[EDIT:  Yes, as @hTideGnow mentioned, if you're going to be gone for maybe a year, might be wise to consider switching# to a VoIP provider, however with my above recommendation, you'll end up paying just $15 for up to 210 days and keep your number.   (90 days current suspend period + $15 30-day renewal + 90 days next suspend period) .   Again, key is to login to self-serve to see what's remaining in the suspend period and not let it go beyond the 90 days.  ]

Need Help? Let's chat.