cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPAM Calls

BorisDoris
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Again I started receiving spam calls from 647-858-xxxx. I understand they are fake numbers but if I no answer all goes to voice-mail.

Really annoying to retrieve that garbage multiple times a day.

Is there a way to turn off voice-mail completely as I do not use it?

12 REPLIES 12

on2wheels
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm getting upwards of 6 spam calls in a day, 3 already today.  All of them coming from a 613 762 **** number. Is there a way to block all calls from those 6 digits?

Yeah @softech , I know that way too but did not try it. But that one with just entering numbers is so neat.

If I am to your 'your' trick how many times phone would ring before trying to go into vmail?

@Yummy   You cannot disable VM.

There are just workarounds.  Extended absence is another trick:

• dial into your voicemail and log in with your PIN.
  • In the main menu, press 3 (manage greetings),
  • then 4 (manage extended absence greeting),
  • then 2 (record a new extended absence greeeting) and record a message that indicates to your caller you are not accepting messages.
  • Then press 4 to turn on extended absence
  • Finally, press 5 to dissallow anyone to leave you a message.

@dust2dust wrote:

Yummy: It sets all your conditional call forwards to an invalid US (HI) # which forwarding doesn't work to the US. But it can be set. I don't like it because it gives the caller a busy signal after a few rings. Legit calls would then wonder what's wrong. It was not my experience that it rings forever though. And it shouldn't.

Well, I let it ring 7-8 times, maybe it is not forever...

Not many people know my cell# and I mainly use phone for SMS but these spam calls are absolutely annoying so lets see how this trick will handle it.

Do you have better solution? I guess initial OP's idea is to deactivate voice mail but it looks like these is no such option?

Yummy: It sets all your conditional call forwards to an invalid US (HI) # which forwarding doesn't work to the US. But it can be set. I don't like it because it gives the caller a busy signal after a few rings. Legit calls would then wonder what's wrong. It was not my experience that it rings forever though. And it shouldn't.

@softech wrote:

to "disable" voicemail,  dial *004*8080000000#

(whenever you need to reset it back to defaults, dial ##004#)

This IS very neat trick. What it does exactly?

I tried and result is:

- if phone is on, it rings forever - good if your phone is somewhere 'close by' but you need time to get to it

- if phone is off, busy signal right away

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BorisDoris 

Send them to Lenny......he knows just what to say to confound and confuse. You can thank @Nezgar  later.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Lenny-the-Telemarketers-worst-nightmare/m...

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

had no idea this was even a thing..good to know

JL9
Mayor / Maire

The block is nice to not have to deal with them but they will still go to vm and you will have to sift through the garbage unfortunately

@BorisDoris 

If it is coming from the same number, in addition to using the code above provided by @softech select the number in your calling app and go to more info on, then select to BLOCK the contact.

If the calls are coming from various numbers? Then the calls will still ring your device, and it may be a bit more tricky to block the spam ones (especially if spoofing is involved).

I just used the code to 'disable' my voicemail and blocked a number, then tried it. It worked great.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@BorisDoris 

to "disable" voicemail,  dial *004*8080000000#
This will cause all calls to either ring forever or get fast busy at the point they normally would have been diverted to the voicemail system.

(whenever you need to reset it back to defaults, dial ##004#)

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello!

For getting the proper help with your issue please private message us by accessing the following link:

https://bit.ly/2GGCJzH

Wish you a wonderful day,

Public Mobile Team

Need Help? Let's chat.