cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS

Ellbee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’m currently not receiving texts from 2 numbers (both androids), and any time a code from my bank/security verification code is sent I have never received it. I have already tried: resetting my network services, turning on/off airplane mode, letting my phone stay dead for a few hours before recharging and taking my SIM card in and out. Anyone have any helpful tips on how I can receive texts? 

5 REPLIES 5

Ellbee

Thank you for the detailed reply! No, my phone is a brand new iPhone (the 15) and doesn’t have my previous phone on the account. I tried your second suggestion and that did not work (I waited the last day to see if any change). 
In your opinion, would a change in SIM card work at all? 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Ellbee - have you recently changed to a 'new to you phone'?

If you are iphone...Deregister the number on the iphone: https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/

Set up your phone number On your iPhone:

1. Go to Settings > Messages and make sure that iMessage is on. You might need to wait a moment for it to activate.
  2. Tap Send & Receive. If you see “Use your Apple ID for iMessage,” tap it and sign in with the same Apple ID that you use on your Mac, iPad, and iPod touch.
  3. In the "You can receive iMessages" section, make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected.
  4. Go to Settings > FaceTime and make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected in the "You can be reached by FaceTime at" section.

Or, try performing the following steps to try and fix the issue:

1. Connect to the internet using WiFi or Data.
  2. Go to Settings > Messages and toggle iMessage OFF.
  3. Turn your iPhone off completely, then turn it back on.
  4. Go back into Settings > Messages and toggle iMessage ON.
  5. Make sure “Send as SMS” is also turned ON.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Ellbee So you are receiving iMessages from iPhones but not SMS text messages from Android?  Perhaps your port was not completed.  Is your account with your old provider still active? Are voice calls working both outgoing and incoming?

Ellbee

Hello! I ported my number just over a month ago already! 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Ellbee 

did you just port in your phone number today or only for couple days? Usually it takes 24 or 48 hours for all calls to come to PM properly, for 2FA test, it can take even longer 3 to 7 business days.  But this is normal

Need Help? Let's chat.