cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card won't link to my unlocked iphone

heatherslack
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

New sim activated and everything but won't show in my iPhone - I've shut down and restatered and re inserted -

nothing works - help! 

4 REPLIES 4

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@heatherslack  If sim doesn’t work in any other phone it’s more then likely a provisioning issue with the sim card .in that case you will need support 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get support by starting a conversation with virtual Chat box /SIMon. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   CS_Agents by clicking here.

Watch for reply top of page to the

Right ( envelope image )

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@heatherslack 

Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

Does any other SIM Card work in your iphone?

If not, check if your phone is blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@heatherslack 

Check the Security section when signed in online.

You will need to change or add  the number on your Apple ID.

Before trying to make the change, sign out of Messages/FaceTime on all devices/computers.

Depends, you can try to add the new number first, then  you can remove the old number.

After the change, it will be  24 hours for the change to sync. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@heatherslack 

ensure the activation went as expected and try the activated SIM card in another device.

sometimes also resetting the network connections, establishes the link to the Sim card.

Were you porting from another provider during the activation? It also requires you to reply yes to the port authorization request.

Need Help? Let's chat.