Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card lost

denismcd
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I lost the SIM card. Can I buy a new SIM card and recover my old number

9 REPLIES 9

@AlienV yes, while PM and Koodo both owned by Telus, only PM sim can be used for PM account

so, didb the store willing to exchange the sim card? or you need to buy a new one??

AlienV

Originally I had bought a Koodo SIM card to replace my lost PM SIM card, but that did not work. Then I got a new PM SIM card and that worked to switch it and keep the same number. 

@denismcd did you get a PM sim card from Koodo store or a Koodo sim card from Koodo store?  You need a PM sim card.  If you got a Koodo one, please bring back and ask for an exchange

if you got a PM card, did you try to Change Sim Card on My Account??

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@AlienV    Did you mean to say you bought a new Koodo SIM to replace a lost PM SIM?  A Koodo SIM card wouldn't work with PM but if it's not been activated (since it won't work here), then keep it in case there's good Koodo promo in the future and you (or someone you know) might want to activate there.

Glad you got it sorted though.

AlienV

Hi all, Just wanted to add a note. I recently lost my SIM and bought a new Koodo one, as suggested here. It gave an "error" though when I tried to switch it. I opened a ticket, and the agent said it wouldn't work. I then got a new Public Mobile SIM locally, and then it worked to switch it. I was able to keep the same phone number.

@hTideFnow wrote:

@denismcd 

go to telus or koodo buy new one and Login to your account to change sim number that all you need.

you can't change sim number, open a ticket with PM CS_Agent.

Yes you can @hTideFnow.

Missing words or punctuation make a big difference (on the verge of incorrect) in the message you may be trying to give.

hTideFnow
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@denismcd 

go to telus or koodo buy new one and Login to your account to change sim number that all you need.

you can't change sim number, open a ticket with PM CS_Agent. at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

type: Contact Us and Other 
Finally Click here to submit a ticket
you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

If you have error submitting a ticket, send a private message to the CS_Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

check inbox(top right corner envelope icon) for response from CS_Agent.

A new SIM card can be purchased from a corporately-run Telus or Koodo store or thourgh publicmobile.ca.  You would then log into your Self Serve account to change the SIM card.  It's in the "Profile" area.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@denismcd  certainly.   Buy it from your local Telus or Koodp stores.  Once you got it, login to My Account and go to Profile page and you can then change sim card in that page.  This will tie your number with your new sim card

Need Help? Let's chat.