cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM can receive calls/texts, cannot send texts.

xavierclaire41
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My Public Mobile SIM card won't send outgoing texts. It can receive texts, no problem, and send/receive calls. This problem persists no matter which phone the SIM in installed in. 

I bought a new Public Mobile SIM card, and want to transfer my current Public Mobile number to the new SIM, but the ChatBot is sending me in circles. 

1. Will changing SIM help?
2. How do I transfer my number from one PM SIM to another?
3. Any other advice?

Thank you!

7 REPLIES 7

xavierclaire41
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks, everybody! I will try having CS reset the account before I try swapping the SIM.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@xavierclaire41 
It is very rare that it is your SIM. Always contact a CS_Agent to investigate the issue first unless the SIM is physical damaged.

Just have one question, did you just port your number over to PM?

If you did, did you reply to the text confirming you are porting over to PM with the old SIM in your phone?

The porting could be in limbo so you need to contact a CS_Agent to restart the porting process for you.

Several ideas, suggestions and questions for the op but no response since original post. Would be nice if op acknowledged everyone's input, at least.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@xavierclaire41 I think this is not a SIM card issue, but who knows..perhaps.

Before swapping any sim cards, I would always go to customer service first to reset your account. If same issues happen then, sure try the sim swap on your My Account.

See "How To Change Your SIM Card" in this Help Article: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/change-sim-number

Other things to check or inquire about...

1. In case of a network issue, are you receiving any messages on your phone when the outgoing texts fail?
  2. Are all outgoing texts failing or just to certain people?
  3. Are you an apple or android user? 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@xavierclaire41 you can change sim by  logging into My Account using only a computer, there are glitches if you submit the change sim request using mobile device.  Just go to Profile page, click in the pencil icon besides the sim number

https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/profile/change-sim-numberhttps://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/profile/change-sim-number

Likely it will resolve the problem with a new sim as sim will be reprovisioned. 

But if you like, you can first ask PM support to re-provision your existing sim and could also resolve the problem without using a new sim card. You can message them at:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@xavierclaire41 

might be a bit premature to change sims yet. Maybe we can help diagnose the problem with your help.

What kinda phone you using ? Have you been able to send / rec texts in the past with this sim ?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I don't think changing the sim will help this but you change it in the account. Log in to the site or app and use the change sim function.

What is the make and model of the phone? I would want to look at the SMSC number that is set on the phone.

Adding - but I see it's a problem in other phones.

Need Help? Let's chat.