cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM & esim problem

Pd95
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just signed up for Public Mobile. I wanted to switch providers upon getting a new phone, and I thought it would be easier and save money to get an e-sim. I signed up (using my old phone, because i couldn't proceed to download the app on new phone without a sim), but found I could not proceed without a physical sim (my old phone cannot support e-sims so I couldn't get the code or anything that I had paid for). I bought a sim card through public mobile (even though my plan is for esim), got my new phone working, then scanned the code for my esim. I would have hoped that that would work, and I got a new phone number through Public Mobile and everything. However, I can't send messages, as I get a little tag saying 'waiting for connection' beneath outgoing messages, and I can only make Emergency calls. I get a notification saying SIM card not provisioned. I don't know why the Esim is not working-- I can't rescan the QR code in the email as it's already used; I have restarted my phone several times. I am having no success in the AI chat service, and at present I get an error message when I try to create a service help ticket. What should I do? Do I have to change my plan to use a physical SIM after all? In which case, can I use the one in my phone already (newly purchased)? How do I do that? 

4 REPLIES 4

@Pd95   happy that it helps. 

Yes, in the community , we prefer to first try to  help and troubleshoot a bit more , we will only send people to CS_agent unless we really cannot help.  In this case, it pays off 

Pd95
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you so much! I didn't realize I had to disable the physical SIM card for the phone to use the e-sim! I just deactivated it in settings, and all issues are now resolved!! Thanks!! 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Pd95 

for your esim, it could be just one extra step to setup.  Let's see if we can make it work with another try

Did you get to the eSIM installation step?   Either the app will ask for your permission to do it for you, or you can get the QR code to install yourself. 

If you missed the step to install by the app, there is a QR code in your Welcome email.  Open it from a computer, or another device, then use your phone to scan it to install the eSIM profile on your phone.

Once you installed the eSIM profile, (or If you got passed that step eSIM installation step), try to reboot your phone once.  

If it still does not connect and if you have another active sim on the phone, disable those non PM sim (eSIM/Physical sim) using the SIM Manager on the phone or simply remove the physical sim.  

And make sure the one associated with PM sim and your phone number is enabled.
(On iPhone: Settings->Cellular , make sure the PM eSIM is set as Primary on "Cellular Plan Label" and "Turn on This Line" is toggled on)

Then click Reset All Networks on your phone and it will work.  (Please note that Reset all Networks will also erase your saved Wifi and Bluetooth connections, but you just need to add them back after). Also, it is possible you have to reset it multiple times for it to work.

if it still does not work, please open ticket with PM support

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Pd95  Please submit ticket with support 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.