cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM LOCKED, ENTER PUK. NEED HELP A.S.A.P PLEASE

Gote13
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Absent mindedly entered wrong PIN enough times and locked myself out. What would be an easy fix for most service providers, I find myself being sent in circles just to reach out to customer service, which I'm now starting to realise Public Mobile pretty much outsources this role to other Public Mobile users by way of "community"

There is no number to call, no email, so I did the next thing I could and was advised to. I attempted to log in to my community account but because 2StepVerification is required at login, this was to no avail as the verification code is sent to the number assigned to locked SIM. Leaving me completely shut out with only one last resort at resolving my issue. An almost non-existent customer service, as I found out today, for a company that provides phone services to many customers just seems unethical to me.

I also have other important services I use daily that have the same phone number assigned for 2SV. Though regaining access to the other services won't be difficult if my issue goes unresolved, I would greatly appreciate it if somebody could help. It would save me a whole lot of headaches and time.

Sorry this was long, but it took me longer to get here.

10 REPLIES 10

@Gote13 wrote:

Thats correct

@Gote13 

if you messaged them there, support will answer via Community inbox.   For now, unfortunately, it is now a waiting game 😞

Gote13

Thats correct

I certainly agree with your frustrations compounded by this difficult new system stacking on top of being painfully slow to the point of wondering if what you just finished in fact went through.
Yes, sometimes people miss a detail in questions from people. In this case though it was only one. So I'm not sure what you mean by "rest of the answers".

To add injury too, the ticketing system is broken which is what the stupid chatbot directs customers to. Has been since this new system. So the only way is with the private messaging system attached to this community.

Gote13

Absolute nightmare of a service. I have contacted support on a link on someone else's post I found. The rest of the answers I got here have the same robotic answer with steps I've already taken. I typed a whole question mentioning exactly what my issue is and what what I've tried, but I see new notifications thinking something good has come up only to be asked if I'm sure my phone is not network locked and getting links to yet another dead end

@Gote13 yu0, then support would be able to help. Message them 

Gote13

It says "Sim Locked. Enter PUK". I enabled the SIM card lock feature on my phone couple of months ago. Then yesterday I entered the wrong pin enough times that's what triggered the SIM lock

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Gote13 

Opps… you will need to contact a CS_Agent by private messaging on the envelope icon on your computer.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Gote13 

what was the exact error message? Depends on the message, you have to ask the PUK code from different places

if it is a sim card PUK,If the message is “PIN unlock key (PUK)” or "Enter PUK Your SIM  Card, SIM cannot be accessed" or on an iPhone's status bar showing  "Locked SIM"

open message support there: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
          or use this direct link to open Chatbot ticket:  https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Oyn1L6
            **Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you 
there.

But just in case a different error message:

If it is a Samsung and if the message is "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK." 
      call  Samsung 1-800-726-7864 for a master unlock code.
      The only info you will need to provide is the IMEI and where the phone was purchased|

If the message is "SIM network unlock PIN" or "SIM ME lock code NP" or "SIM not Supported" or  on an iPhone's About->Carrier Lock showing "SIM locked"
          You have to ask the carrier where you got the phone from for the carrier unlock code.
           (Sorry, for this particular issue, PM support would not be able to help) 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Gote13 While PM do not have a call center, they do have Customer Support agents who can help you solve your issues. You can reach them via ticketing system through the Bot or private message them. We are here to help you as well, but not with the backend account related issues. 

How to Reach a Customer Support Agent

If our Help Articles didn’t have the answer to your question or if you have an issue that's specific to your account, you can contact our Customer Support Agents by clicking here.
Note: You’ll need a Community account in order to communicate with our Customer Support Agents. They will respond in the Community and you will receive an email notification.

Need Help? Let's chat.