cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming

Horton
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I purchase roaming when I’m in the states, am I charge for the time? I’m on my phone or by the hour at once I open the roaming up.

3 REPLIES 3

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Horton 

FYI...just leave Roaming enabled in cellphone settings...you'll never be billed for something you didn't prepay for. Mine has been enabled for several years already...never been billed while in US or any other country.  As a prepaid service, you only pay for what you buy ahead of time. ...never billed later on.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Horton  You need to buy US roaming add on , unless you have a CAN/US plan . Public mobile is pre paid so you will never get surprise bill 

Handy1_0-1723142900410.png

And ensure you have data roaming turned on in phone settings , best to have network set to 4G/LTE not 5G and make sure your connected to T mobile or AT&T 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Horton 

If you purchase a US roaming package, you use it like you're here in Canada. Unlimited talk text. Then if you purchase data, you get that amount.

Just know, when you hit the US, if your phone isn't working, you may have to go into your network settings and turn off automatic and then choose T-Mobile. Then if you purchase data, turn on Data Roaming. Then reboot your phone. You should be up and running.

Need Help? Let's chat.