cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming

Bstoops
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

paid for 10 day of roaming text/talk. Account debited.  Never appeared. Desperate no service in usa

7 REPLIES 7

@mdran12 wrote:

Good to see the roaming setup explained.

However maybe some consideration to setting up a monthly roaming public mobile addon as a lot of us are interested. Instead of constantly doing an addon every 10 days and paying roughly 4 times 8 =32/month now could we have a monthly talk only plan at a better price?

Hopefully

@mdran12    Yes it would be nice if PM offered more than 10 day roaming packages for US travel, or even 3 day packages for day trippers.    However, very unlikely PM will ever make changes and offer more or less, although I hope I'm wrong!    

Usually for more than a couple of weeks travel, you would be better off purchasing a local SIM as that would be more economical.

mdran12
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Good to see the roaming setup explained.

However maybe some consideration to setting up a monthly roaming public mobile addon as a lot of us are interested. Instead of constantly doing an addon every 10 days and paying roughly 4 times 8 =32/month now could we have a monthly talk only plan at a better price?

Hopefully

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bstoops 

i suggest you close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and try open one Browser incognito mode,

For US Roaming 10 day packages
Unlimited U.S. Talk, Text and 250MB Data Bundle = $20
Unlimited U.S. Talk and Text Bundle = $15
Unlimited U.S. Talk Only = $8
Unlimited U.S. Text Only = $8
U.S. Data Only 10 day packages
250MB = $10
500MB = $15
1GB = $20

when you visit US and then Purchase it,

go sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account, if you found at Available Funds: $$

Try To Purchase Add-Ons Using Your Self-Serve Account

Spoiler

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!
  5. after you Add-on you have to do Rebooting your phone

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Overview Of Add-Ons visit Here link.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Bstoops did you have a chance to check if it appears on My Account's My Data & Add-ons?  If it is not there, check what you see as Available Fund.  Sound like you only loaded the fund but didn't buy the add-on yet.    Yes, they are  separate steps

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Bstoops wrote:

paid for 10 day of roaming text/talk. Account debited.  Never appeared. Desperate no service in usa

@Bstoops 

Check your Transaction history to see if payment has indeed been processed. If Yes and no available funds or add-ons appear in your account, contact CS to see if there has been a provisioning issue:

Spoiler

Open a ticket via:
https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html (faster response time)
Type "ticket" > Click "Contact Us" > Select your issue > "Click here to submit a ticket↗"

or send a private message to:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
and describe your issue. Include your name,phone #, account #, Email address,4-digit PIN to speed up authentication process.

Edit: If you have no service but have access to wifi, use a voip like Textnow for your calls and texts.They're free.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Bstoops 

Buying any add on is a two step process.  Need to load the funds into available balance.  Then actually purchase the add on. 

Do you see extra money in your available funds?  If so, then go ahead and purchase add on again.  PM should use up the available funds and purchase add on.  

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Are funds in your account ?  Purchasing an add-on is a two step process.  You need to add it your account and make a payment.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/us-roaming

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!
Need Help? Let's chat.