cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming outside Canada and US, does it exist?

Rob1963
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just trying to clear up this question 🙂 TIA

8 REPLIES 8

@Karyathena wrote:

I live in Canada and purchased a Roam mobility SIM card, under $10 I think and for $4 or $5 CDN a day, you get unlimited call and text and data, I don’t use much data so the plan worked for me. I’m not tech savvy but this worked for my trip in September.

I've been using Roam for years when travelling to the US. The LTE and 4G speeds are great, and the latest trick I learned on my last visit is that any plan that includes texting really includes unlimited "2G" data.

By "2G" I mean its like 128Kbps or slower, its REALLY slow to load any web page or maps, and tethering does not work, but if all you want is your messaging apps and email to work, it's a great option.

You can see it if has been added to your account under data and add-ons.  You have to purchase and add it your account.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/purchase-add-ons-through-self-serve

daniwindu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought an US add on for 20$ = 1Gb and in my overview is not showing anything.

There is any way to know i already have avaiable, I am still in Canada

marissashirley2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Unfortunately unavailable at this time 

Karyathena
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I live in Canada and purchased a Roam mobility SIM card, under $10 I think and for $4 or $5 CDN a day, you get unlimited call and text and data, I don’t use much data so the plan worked for me. I’m not tech savvy but this worked for my trip in September.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

There is no roaming outside of the US . You could purchase a local sim or one like Gigsky.  If you have access to wi-fi then you could use apps like WhatsApp, Skype, or Textnow.

@Rob1963 wrote:

There's no roaming other than the U.S.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Rob1963 wrote:

Unfortunately no roaming outside the US is available at PM.

Need Help? Let's chat.