cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New account - can't recieve calls they go directly to voicemail! Ported number from 711 Speakout

111619PL
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I activated my Public Mobile account on Fri Nov 15 2019. Signed up for the $15 plan.

Creating my account and activating online was easy and I originally obtained a number from Public Mobile before I ported my prepaid 711 Speakout number as I was advised to do.

So my PM account was successfully activated and I ported my old number over instantly online but I can only send and receive texts and make calls but cannot receive them, when others call my number it goes straight to voicemail where they hear a message saying voicemail has not been set up. This is strange because I definitely set up voicemail and can access it from myy phone as well.

So this is my problem, I cannot receive calls but texting is working.

10 REPLIES 10

111619PL

After messaging the moderators and sending them the IMEI of my phone my issue was resloved.

I received a text message from public mobile at 3:52 PM advising me that my number has been successfully ported.

I tried calling my number from another phone and my phone rang. Its now working!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@111619PL wrote:

I read the info from ther link you provided.

I did not need to submit IMEI as there was no option to on the form.

I also did not submit a 4 digit PIN as I never used one.

When I tried to input the serial number field it would insta delete the data I entered.

I messaged the moderators but am not sure if this is the same thing as opening a ticket. I did not recieve a ticket number.

The equipment serial number is the IMEI #.  

You may have send a private message to moderator.  That is fine.  But it may take longer to get a reply as moderator will work on the private messages with the ticket # on the subject first.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello, @111619PL,

You have a response from the Moderator Team to your private message.

Please, check it.

Thank you!

bets regards,

PM Moderator Team

111619PL

I read the info from ther link you provided.

I did not need to submit IMEI as there was no option to on the form.

I also did not submit a 4 digit PIN as I never used one.

When I tried to input the serial number field it would insta delete the data I entered.

I messaged the moderators but am not sure if this is the same thing as opening a ticket. I did not recieve a ticket number.

popping

@111619PL 

Read my post how I port my number from Speakout to PM in 4 hours without moderator help to determine what additional info that you supply to moderator.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Porting-number-from-Speakout-Apply-al...

111619PL

Thanks to the community and those that replied here for the very quick responses!

I have messaged the moderators about my problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@111619PL wrote:

Edit:

I received a text message from Public Mobile this morning telling me to visit

publicmobile.ca - "click contact us and complete the SIM and Activation online form"

I visited the site but don't see a "contact us" option. I can navigate my way to

https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

but am not sure if I should attempt to reactivate from this page or not.

The interpretation of that message is that the port/transfer didn't work.

Edit: ninja'd

GR
Mayor / Maire

@111619PL  click on the question mark on the right hand side of the page and start a conversation with Simon the chat bot and get a ticket and the moderators will get back to you soon!  They'll fix the stuck port

popping

@111619PL wrote:

Edit:

publicmobile.ca - "click contact us and complete the SIM and Activation online form"

I visited the site but don't see a "contact us" option. I can navigate my way to

Your number port have not completed yet.

Create a moderator support ticket using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.
Keep asking SIMon to "contact human" for one or more times. SIMon will eventually show you the "Submit a ticket" button. Click on submit button to get the create ticket screen.
Moderator wait time is up to 2 days.

[Solution moved to correct first suggestion (mods don't get "Solutions" for doing their job Robot LOL) .............. Luddite]

111619PL

Edit:

Need Help? Let's chat.