cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
popping
Oracle

Porting number from Speakout - Apply also to Petro-Canada Mobility

Last year, couple months after I topup my mother's 7-11 Speakout account, I discovered the PM $10 50/50 plan which is much cheaper than Speakout.  Speakout minute rate is 30 cents per minute + $1.25 per month fix charge.  While PM $10 50/50 plan's minute rate is 20 cents per minute.  The minutes rate will be even lower after the autopay and refer-a-friend rewards.

Over 10 months on PM community forum, I found out the details on how to port a number from 7-11 Speakout mobile service to PM.

Ztar Mobile is the manager for the 7-11 Speakout, Petro-Canada Mobility and good2go mobile services.  Therefore, what I discuss here applies to Petro-Canada Mobility as well.

I provided the following information to port my Speakout number to PM this afternoon.  My Speakout number was fully ported to PM in 4 hours.

1.  Speakout phone number to be ported

2.  Speakout does not have account number.  I use my Speakout phone number for the account number.

3.  I asked Speakout to give me the IMEI number on my Speakout account.  I was given only the last 4 digits of my IMEI.  Speakout CSR told me that it is the IMEI number of my current phone.  Therefore, no need to call Speakout.  Just dial *#06# on your phone to get the IMEI number from your phone.

4.  I also supply my Speakout account 4 digits PIN number as I don't want to wait for 2 - 3 day for moderator after failed port.

5.  The name on my Speakout account.

6.  I also provide a phone number for PM to call me in case of problem.

4 hours after I initiated to port my Speakout number, I received a text message from (400)500-0205 saying my transfer request has been completed successfully.  I quickly dialed and sent a text to my Speakout number.  The phone with the PM SIM card rang and received the test text message.

Tags (3)
liuxinbing
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Porting number from Speakout - Apply also to Petro-Canada Mobility

Wonderful write up. 

The IMEI number is not required.

tonyottawa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Well done writing. I hope I saw this before I do the porting.  Speakout --> Public Mobile took much longer time than other providers --> Public Mobile. 

I did Speakout porting with Phone number  + IMEI  + Owner name such as Joe Doe. Took 6 hours to be ported from SpeakOut wireless. 

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Great step by step. I think this should be tagged to the pmguide!

MarioF
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You write about supplying the requested information. How is that done? How do I send the requested information to Public Mobile. I was told to clink the Contact Us link but it does not exist.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@MarioF wrote:

You write about supplying the requested information. How is that done? How do I send the requested information to Public Mobile. I was told to clink the Contact Us link but it does not exist.

Click on question symbol. You need to submit a ticket.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@MarioFYou send a message to the moderators by clicking on the ? on the lower right hand corner and cnat with SIMon, once you think it understands you, type submit ticket so a support ticket will be generated for you.

JAC70

I don't recall needing a ticket when I ported my family's phones over from Speakout.  I just entered the IMEI number where prompted in the port request.  IIRC, porting from Speakout was the fastest I've ever seen, much quicker than porting from Koodo, which did require a ticket.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@JAC70 wrote:

I don't recall needing a ticket when I ported my family's phones over from Speakout.  I just entered the IMEI number where prompted in the port request.  IIRC, porting from Speakout was the fastest I've ever seen, much quicker than porting from Koodo, which did require a ticket.

For Speakout, you make the request in Self Serve. You need IMEI or IMEI+PIN. Never use account number for porting from Speakout.

rooster

Thank you, this information was very helpful!

Need Help? Let's chat.