cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming in the USA

Harry77721
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was told with the Canada USA plan that whether in Canada or the USA I had unlimited calling and texting etc. as long as I used either T-mobile or AT&T network while in the USA. Public mobile tried to sell me some gaming days that I should not need. Is this correct

6 REPLIES 6

Sadly, @Harry77721 , it seems that Public Mobile's messaging when one crosses the border into the US is unintelligent enough to know that the plan you're on may be a Canada/US plan.

They seriously should consider writing code into the accounts with the Canada/US plans to not prompt this messaging when one of these customers (as yourself) enters the US.

Ignore it - if services work with what you have (and they should), don't concern yourself with automatic messaging from PM.

@Harry77721 wrote:

Should be roaming days

as per @dust2dust ...ignore that message for a roaming add-on...you don't need it when you have the Canada / US plan. Enjoy your winter !!

Ya then if you have the Can/US package...  you don't need roaming. That person was dumb! 

Harry77721
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Should be roaming days

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Gaming? Or roaming? No you don't need roaming add-ons when you have the plan. You might be wondering why you got the welcome to US text suggesting to buy an add-on. Ignore it. Use it as an indication that you have connected to a US tower.
Talk, however, needs your phone to be enabled for volte here. Also, 4G LTE works better to be able to use either T-Mobile or AT&T.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Harry77721 

the lastest Canada / US roaming offer is legit. Not sure what the other gaming days you're referring to though.

Need Help? Let's chat.