cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming SMS MMS

cshenher
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased the $15 SMS / MMS roaming package and my group messages & MMS are not working.  I sent in a ticket 12 hours ago and have heard back from no one so out of desperation I just bought the $30 roaming sms mms data.  Can someone please help?

8 REPLIES 8

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@cshenher wrote:

I purchased the $15 SMS / MMS roaming package and my group messages & MMS are not working.  I sent in a ticket 12 hours ago and have heard back from no one so out of desperation I just bought the $30 roaming sms mms data.  Can someone please help?

@cshenher - if you bought this one it only works whilst in Canada:

esjliv_1-1674566068312.png

If you are needing data and want to use MMS/group messages (are you using iMessage or android chat features by any chance) you'll need a DATA Roaming component to your USA Roaming Addons.

esjliv_0-1674566049518.png

So, after buying the $30 one with data are you saying it still does not work?

Go back to the ticket in your SENT Inbox that you submitted to CSA, and respond asking for the funds of the $15 addon to be added back to your available funds and have it removed from your account.

NOTE: ensure you have Roaming, SMS, MMS and Group Messaging enabled in the settings of your device.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@cshenher 

Oh geez I just noticed you said you purchased two US Roaming add ons? Can you confirm that? If so you have additional issues.....that will need customer support to fix.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

Yes. It's in my thread as well. It also counts against your usage.

@darlicious   haha.. LoL.not going to make the mistake that someone made already.  🙂

btw, for roaming MMS, we actually need the roaming data?  unlike in Canada, we can use without actually data? 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

Have you added a signature?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@cshenher 

You need to have a US Roaming data add on for MMS to work.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@cshenher   first are you connected to T-Mobile?  you need T-Moblie for it to work.  You can connect to LTE for SMS/MMS but you will need 2G network for voice

For PM ticket, please message them again for update

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened. CS Agent will reply to you there

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@cshenher  Are you connect to T mobile 

Need Help? Let's chat.