cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ripped off a day every month

Richard-terry
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've been with public mobile for two years now why the hell am im only getting 29 days of service with my 30 day plan the way I see it  is you (public mobile) owe me 29 days for the 29 months I've been a customer I want this resolved start giving me the 30 days service I'm paying for.

18 REPLIES 18

@gblackma wrote:

PM runs on eastern standard time.

Eastern Daylight Time currently. Then EST again on November 1st. 😉

@Richard-terry wrote:

I renewed April 13  at 7 am well it's may 13 and I have no plan today would be day 30 haven't been able to send or receive calls or texts since 1 am so I'm ripped off a day.

That's as it should be. You haven't paid for May 13th yet.  I'm not entirely sure if there's confusion between a plan being for 30 days or a month, but for a 30 day plan, you've only paid for up to and including May 12th.  As @ShawnC13 was indicating, you have to pay for April 13th as the first day. I know that's easy to say to "okay, 30 minus 13 equal 17 and then add 13 to get to 30 days, but that's probably a common mistake that many people make because it forgets the first day.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Richard-terry wrote:

I've been with public mobile for two years now why the hell am im only getting 29 days of service with my 30 day plan the way I see it  is you (public mobile) owe me 29 days for the 29 months I've been a customer I want this resolved start giving me the 30 days service I'm paying for.

I just built an Excel spread sheet with my billing for the last 6 months. Each billing is EXACTLY 30 days apart. Maybe you are confused that the date changes for your billing ie Feb 12 then March 11....not the same day....you must keep in mind that months have 28, 29, 30 or 31 days thus the different renewal date(s) throughout the year. So you might be able to say you are ripped off by 5 days a year as you are billed 12 x 30 = 360 vs 365 days per year. BUT NOT SO as it is clear that you will be billed every 30 days. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Richard-terry wrote:

@Richard-terry  Nobody is trying to rip you off. Dial *611 from your phone it will let you know date and time of your next renewal. It's always 30 days not 29.

@Naepalm wrote:

@Richard-terry it seems misleading but your renewal is always the following month on the date that you started you plan around 2 or 3 am. My one phone applied at 2am and my wifes was around 330 am. Yeah dont ask why I was up that late. 

They actually give you more time if you think about it. The renewal is always in the morning and if you signed up at 6pm the month before Public is giving you that extra time. They dont renew you at sign up time but at start of day (2am). 

Have an amazing Wednesday! 

@Naepalm you need to be careful with the wording.  It is 30 day plans not monthly.  31 day months and February always mess that up and have people thinking it should be the same day every month

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Richard-terry it seems misleading but your renewal is always the following 30 days later on the date that you started you plan around 2 or 3 am. My one phone applied at 2am and my wifes was around 330 am. Yeah dont ask why I was up that late. 

They actually give you more time if you think about it. The renewal is always in the morning and if you signed up at 6pm the month before Public is giving you that extra time. They dont renew you at sign up time but at start of day (2am). 

Have an amazing Wednesday! 

@ShawnC13  edited 😉

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

The info on overview page is not correct.

Payment Due Date (One-Time Payment): May 16, 2020

Payment for Next Cycle: $10.00

Amount Owing: $0.00

Pay your amount due by 11:59PM on this day in order for your plan cycle to re-start.

Payment due date is correct.  But not at end of the due date.  It should say pay before 12:00AM

I discovered this issue back in 24 November 2019.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Plan-expired-1-day-early/m-p/...

Before PM update the info on the self-serve overview page, everyone should pay before the due day on your overview page.

@Alan_K @Tiana_V 

Please let us know when this issue updated to avoid subscribers from adding fund to their account one day late to improve PM user experience.

@Richard-terry you would have renewed at midnight on April 11th and the money taken out at 2am est on April 12th. (The date shown in your self service account is the 2 am date that your payment is applied.) and then at midnight on May 12th. And the money taken out at 2am on May 13th. All times Easten. 30 days. For your correct renewal date dial 611. 

@Richard-terry 

@Richard-terry wrote:

Well 611 sends text saying expires may 13 so I would assume It would work the day of expirey

@Richard-terry yes I understand,it's a little misleading it's 2am  est I believe

Richard-terry

Well 611 sends text saying expires may 13 so I would assume It would work the day of expirey

@Richard-terry wrote:

I renewed April 13  at 7 am well it's may 13 and I have no plan today would be day 30 haven't been able to send or receive calls or texts since 1 am so I'm ripped off a day.

April 13th would have been day one and May 12th would be day 30

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Richard-terry 

@Richard-terry wrote:

@Richard-terry sorry you are a day late 

Richard-terry

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Richard-terry wrote:

There are a few different dates listed in the self-serve.  One is when your plan expires and one shows when it is renewed.  Are you able to show your payment history with personal information removed of course so we can track the renewal dates?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Richard-terry PM runs on eastern standard time.Your plan is renewed at 12 midnight est. And payment is taken at 2am est the next morning. If you are out West. ( 9pm and 11pm respectively your time). So, though it looks like you are losing a day every renewal. You aren't. Stay safe. 

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Richard-terry Why do you think that you have only 29 days of service instead of 30?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Richard-terry wrote:

Plans are 30 day duration. Could you post a screenshot of your last 2 renewals...(but edit out any personal data)

Need Help? Let's chat.