cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rewards

crcham
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can you switch back to the old system if you joined the new system .

I was wondering why my bill was no longer a more manageable cost (it had increased).

I may have joined the new system thinking I needed to in order to view my rewards.

I feel very frustrated and duped into switching rewards programs. It does not seem right without knowing the details until after the fact. I should, as a loyal customer, be able to switch back.

10 REPLIES 10

Friendly_SC

Can you confirm if submitting a ticket did anything? I'm definitely regretting this decision switching over! 

LegusY
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

OP is gonna cry after learning that :'(

JL9
Mayor / Maire

This won't do anything unfortunately, they have made 100% clear it is a done deal regardless of the situation.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@crcham   I think it would have been a nice gesture from PM to allow customers who regretted switching without thinking it through, especially if they changed their minds within a day or two.  However, we have heard from other customers who also had buyer's remorse but were told firmly that it's not doable. 

Of course, if you want to escalate PM's policy on this, that's understandable too. 

@crcham wrote:

I joined when I was a new Mom, in Neonatal ICU, and sleepless. As a human being, this mistake needs acknowledgement. As a loyal customer, paying money for a service, I should have the right to go back to what I originally signed up for.

I have submitted a ticket. I would prefer to just call them; however, most likely to keep costs down, they only have the 1 option to contact them. Makes me wonder if it is possible to go above them to Telus.

Unfortunately there is no going back even if it was a mistake. What you originally signed up for is no longer available and that is why you can't go back to it.  It would be like switching from a grandfathered plan to a current in market plan then wanting to go back to your  old plan that is no longer available.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

crcham

I joined when I was a new Mom, in Neonatal ICU, and sleepless. As a human being, this mistake needs acknowledgement. As a loyal customer, paying money for a service, I should have the right to go back to what I originally signed up for.

I have submitted a ticket. I would prefer to just call them; however, most likely to keep costs down, they only have the 1 option to contact them. Makes me wonder if it is possible to go above them to Telus.

LegusY
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Your best bet would be contacting support and try to ask a support agent to manually put your account back to the old reward system. Personally, I do find the old reward system more appealing, let us know how it goes after you've tried contacting support, I bet some of us wants to know if that is possible too.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I'm not sure how you got duped. You logged in to your rewards page. Saw your rewards. You would have also seen the join on the left. Apparently you clicked that. Then you would have seen a confirmation pop-up informing you of the effects of proceeding. (at least there used to be as I did not try it again) Apparently you clicked that.

Here you are.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@crcham sorry but once you jump at the carrot there is no going back , you are not alone 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@crcham   Sorry, unfortunately, PM doesn't allow customers to go back once they've switched to the new points system.  Others have asked and confirmed it's not possible.

Need Help? Let's chat.