cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rewards

Rowdy1212
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is there any good reason on gods green earth for public mobile to send a text out at 1am to let me know rewards have been applied to my account???? I don’t care if it’s automated. There’s no need to be woken up at 1 in the morning with that. 

18 REPLIES 18

HI @Rowdy1212   this  has been like this since last Jun, I think.  Almost a year and many many complained.  Hope PM will do something 

Rowdy1212

Well I don’t know how many people from outside of Canada are using Public Mobile. Never mind somewhere where the time zone is ahead almost 24 hours. Unless you’re on vacation or a business trip. The biggest time gap from coast to coast is 4.5 hours. If I’m not misfaken

terrahughes
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Can't satisfy everyone that uses this service provider for time of day/night for automated texts to go out.

Example: Your 1am may be my 5pm time.... not everyone in the world is in the same time zone

Rowdy1212

Needs more people letting them know they can possibly get cranky enough to switch carriers. I know I was. It’s the first one I’ve received while sleeping so I’ll let this one slide. I know a certain credit card that does the same thing. Triangle Mastercard. But they gave an option where you can put “receive notifications from ____ until ____. Maybe PM should jump on that train?

@computergeek541  wrote:

"My theory is that there's a computer system that has the wrong time set because someone chose am/pm incorrectly. It should be a very simple fix but as to why Public Mobile hasn't fixed this is baffling."

@computergeek541

Precisely....some stuff around here that is a simple fix and requires very little effort/resources and PM (seemingly) still makes no effort or cares not to fix them is truly baffling!   I simply don't understand the reluctance from PM management to get some of these things sorted. 

@Rowdy1212   yup and all fixed now. thanks

Rowdy1212

Sorry I did think I picked the wrong one but my drive for work arrived. I think I fixed it?  On lunch right now. Let me know please and thanks!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Rowdy1212  

Not sure if you picked the wrong solution.   Usually we would pick a solution that helped you in resolving your issue.  

You can reverse your selection by clicking on the circle with down arrow on the top right, then click Not solution.   Then you can choose another one.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rowdy1212 wrote:

They put a man on the moon in 1969.

Not Public Mobile! 🙂

Rowdy1212

Thanks! I was not aware of this!  Excellent!

@Rowdy1212  - you should be able to select that particular text contact, and go into the DETAILS of your settings of it on your messages app. Then select Notifications. Then select Silent.

This way, you don't need to block these messages (which is a good thing to still receive, I feel), but they will come in with no sound, but will be visual.

Rowdy1212

No it’s not nice to be woken up if you work days or nights. Maybe they shouldn’t bother with the reward texts and just make people check when it’s renewal time. There has to be something they can do to fix this. They put a man on the moon in 1969.

@Rowdy1212 

Public Mobile sends these text messages in the middle of the night to everyone.  Public Mobile can fix this by correcting the time that they get sent out.  My theory is that there's a computer system that has the wrong time set because someone chose am/pm incorrectly. It should be a very simple fix but as to why Public Mobile hasn't fixed this is baffling.

Yes, it will happen again every renewal until Public Mobile corrects the issue.  I have long felt that Public Mobile sends too many unnecessary text messages to customers.

Rowdy1212

Good to know. So most likely will happen again.  It’s a real pain and it could be considered a reason to switch carriers. Especially if they have known since then. Says to me they really don’t care if they wake you up at 1am.

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Rowdy1212 

It's a glitch.They used to both come at noon. But it all depends where you live. If you work the late shift getting woken up at 9am isn't that pleasant either!

Rowdy1212

The blocked number is an option but I am on call for works so the do not disturb option isn’t. Also I like to see that I’m saving money. Is there nothing that can be done on Public Mobile’s end?

Publc Mobile has known about this since July but still have not fixed this.

Absolutely ridiculous

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

It IS annoying @Rowdy1212 

I would recommend adding that number to a blocked list so you stop receiving these notifications. 

You might also wish to set your phone to do not disturb during sleep hours.

Need Help? Let's chat.