cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rewards I ordered didn't work

Freedom551
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Visiting USA from Canada. Purchased the US talk & text package using my rewards the morning I left. Points were deducted from my account so I assumed all was well. I received the Welcome to the USA message but after reading it I see it doesn't say anything about being covered by the US Roaming talk, Text & Data package I redeemed. 

Any ideas on how to get the package I ordered?

Thanks! Kat

12 REPLIES 12

Freedom551

Thanks to everyone for their help! I re-sent manually to T-Mobile (not AT&T) and my phone now works. Much appreciation! Kat

Freedom551

Sorry, change that. I didn't do a reset. Can you tell me how to do that please?

HI @Freedom551 

try a Reset All network and try both T-Mobile and AT&T agian

if same,  please submit a ticket with CS Agent here and they can confirm if the add-on was purchased and added correctly:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437  

Freedom551

Thanks for the info - I've done all that 🙂

Freedom551

Roaming on, connected to AT&T. Still can't call out or get incoming.

Thanks for the info!

HI @Freedom551 

try manually connect to T-Mobile instead

Freedom551

Thanks for the reply. Bought the US data,  talk & text.  Data roaming on. Phone says the network is AT&T.

Freedom551

Thank you for the info.

Phone is connected to AT&T but when I try to make a call, it doesn't even ring and says 'call ended'.

Data roaming on. 

Haven't tried to see is I can use my data yet.

Have been here many times and it always worked before.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Freedom551 

Critical part to US roaming depends on T-Mobile/AT&T coverage and whether you can connect successfully onto either network.

If the phone is not connecting to T-Mobile/AT&T, change the Network Connection from Automatic to Manual and select and test both T-Mobile and AT&T and see which one you can connect.

If your issue is with data, make sure your Roaming Mobile data is enabled and you have disabled your mobile data limiter.  Also change your network mode to 4G (and don't try 5G until you can connect and works on 4G)

If your issue is with voice, make sure VoLTE is enabled on the device setting.  And if it does not work, try to change the Network to T-Mobile ONLY, and change  Preferred Network Type or Network Mode to 2G and see if the calls go through.
Also, you can download VoIP app TextNow as a workaround to make calls and text if you have Wifi or if your roaming has data component and data  is working

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Freedom551  Did you get the correct US roaming add on and not just US long distance mins ? Also make sure your data roaming is turned on in phone settings and your connected to T mobile or AT&T and rebbot the phone . If wrong add on purchased please submit ticket with support to try and reverse it for you 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

After submitting ticket keep an eye on your community inbox for their reply , or you can use this link to the community in box

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Just enure that you have roaming on. Connect to At&T or T-Mobile.

Should work.

Ignore the welcome message. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Freedom551 

no worries about that text, that is a default sms everyone gets with or without US addon

if you got the US roaming addon, try to connect to T-Mobile or AT&T first, and make sure Roaming Data is enabled on your device

Need Help? Let's chat.